Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

Share Your PMP Success Story!

Hi All,

I have passed my PMP exam today on 23rd Oct 2019 in the first attempt.

Its indeed an exciting experience on the whole journey that has just begun for me.......... Lot to learn lot to experience.The PMP® credential is of course the initial target we chose for when we start this journey, the real achievement to me is the learning that we get from this journey and to continue for future, indeed the main objective of PMI as to grow ourselves as better practitioners.

@SimpliLearn,
Thanks for helping me realize my goal. The course contents, self-learning materials , practice tests and the trainers ( specially @tim jerome) and the flexipass that allows for attending multiple sessions all are part of my success story.

@tim,
I would attribute most part of my success in the exam to your guidance . I have never been part of your virtual sessions and interacted with you directly through the forum. I was struggling initially to get the right approach to prepare for the exam with lot of references, then I explore the recordings for one of your class and I started following that. I was very comfortable with the method, the pace, the notes, the post-session discussions, the participant's questions and everything about the class. Each piece of information you shared is a bit of gold for me in that regard.

My sources of references are limited based on your suggestion in that class to cope up with my schedule for preparation and the regular job duties.These are PMI exam content outline, PMI Code of ethics and professional conduct , Simplilearn Materials, Tim's notes and PMBOK Guide- Sixth edition, supplemented with my practice on the practice tests and the Simplilearn app PMP@exam Tutor, prepared quick reference notes for myself with contents from each of these references mentioned for the last few days. Followed the approach as west civ says to learn-train-refine and now is the time to refine after that I received my PMP.

Regarding the exam experience, I was never concerned about the time,as I followed your tips regarding setting baselines for time mgmt, the regular rates of answering and keeping that confidence to answer the questions in first attempt except for a very few to review later and still can pass if i run out of time.It was all executed as planned and get to the final point what was desired and most likely to happen, passing the exam.

A big thank you for everything that you taught and shared.Would like to extend your mentor-ship for future.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Manas Ranjan Nanda PMP® , #2684175

Last edited:

Vinod S

I got PMP on my first attempt on 14th Dec 2019:

Registered on Simplilearn: 05/10/2019

Online class: Oct 12 Sat – Nov 16 Sat
Trainer: Tim Jerome

Project: Software Industry: - Got help from community with a video to complete it

Simulation Test Paper 01 - PMP_2018 : Second attempt got 90.5 %

Simulation Test Paper 02 - PMP_2018 : 60.5%

Simulation Test Paper 03 - PMP_2018: 59.5%

Simulation Test Paper 04 - PMP_2018: 68%

Simulation Test Paper 05 - PMP_2018: 73%

Simulation Test Paper 06 - PMP_2018: 65.5%

Simulation Test Paper 07 - PMP_2018: Did not loaded, may be software issue.

Self-learning: Played around 3 times.

Did not got time for referring other materials from Simplilearn site

Got PDU certificate on 13 Nov 2019

PMI Membership: 8 Oct 2019

PMchallenge (ProjectManagement.com) : 500:DaVinci

Registered for Exam : 14 Nov 2019

Exam date: 14 Dec 2019

My Location: Trivandrum

Nearest test center:

Rajagiri College Of Social Sciences, Cochin

Distance: 111 KM

Available date: After Jan 14

Registered test center:

National Inst. Of Technology, Tiruchirappalli

Distance: 220 KM

Date : 14 Dec 2019

Time : 10:30 AM

Drive with family in the afternoon on 13th December by own car and reached Tiruchirapalli around 12:30 AM on 14th. Reached exam center around 10 AM. The test software was not detecting camera and it was showing license expired message. They Person Vue officials tried their best to resolve it. They were not able to contact service center and their try was ending up in timeout. Around 11:45 PM, they have taken picture using different software and allotted test terminal. I played the guidance session for 5 min. Then started the exam. Around 3:45 PM, covered all questions. There were18 questions marked for review but I got only time for four to review. Then it automatically completed and showed congratulations message saying that the result will be notified in 3 days. I was not sure whether I have passed or not (Congratulation was for success or completion). Before reading the message it disappear (I might have pressed somewhere, not sure). Then it took a survey. After survey, prompted for Delivery Manager credentials. They were not able to login as the terminal hanged. They told that the exam is completed and result will be informed through mail. After that, I drive to Rameshwaram and next day visited Dhanushkodi. I was continually checking PMI site and mail for result. Sunday, 6:30 PM, we continued from Rameshwaram towards Trivandrum. 10:30 PM, we stopped for filling fuel. I checked mail and find the mail “Congratulation, you have obtained a PMP”.

Until then I was not sure as the exam process was not smooth and there were lot of tough/confusing questions mostly related to RISK managements.

Thank you very much Simplilearn and Tim for the materials and online sessions.

I cleared PMP in first attempt with average score of AboveTarget.
I want to thank Simplilearn team for their guidance. A special thanks to Tim Jerome for his explanation towards my doubts.
Some tips for aspirants.
1) PMBOK is backbone, but read it with some tricks, like note down/highlight the important and new thing to know.
2) Even though you attend the live sessions on Simplilearn, download those and listen to them again as some of the things we might intend to ignore in first go.
3) Make your own notes/mindmaps/flowcharts/diagrams in your syntax.
4) Practice with mock exams but more importantly assess the exam result post attempt. It gives you good evaluation with reasoning.
5) Be focused and consistently study. I studied more than 4 months ( 4 hours on weekends and avg 1 hour a day). You have to pay opportunity cost of your personal projects :)
6) Clear your doubts with experts @ Simplilearn.
7) My real exam had 80-90% situation based questions, so visualize the facts you learn and read.
8) There are other free mock exams as well (Lehmann, PMPTestininistry, Facebook groups)

Last edited:

_45178

Hi,

I am very happy today. I cleared my PMP exam today. Special thanks to hardik from simplilearn for motivating me for giving exam And Tim Jerome for patiently answering all my questions.

I read PMBOK 4 times and practiced for exam from simplilearn and PMP practice exam from PMI. I think this is enough to clear your concept.

While giving practice exam focus on the answers you have chosen and why, this will help to clarify your doubts.

Thanks & Regards

Uttam Kumar

Rakesh Kacholia

Hi,

I have cleared my PMP Exam today in 1st attempt successfully on 16-Jun-2020. I got a total score of “Above Target” with an individual scoring as follows:

Initiation : Above Target
Planning : Target
Executing : Above Target
M&C : Above Target
Closing : Above Target

My heartfelt thanks to Simplilearn Project Management coach Sreidhar D for the guidance provided in the classes and also via Community Forum. I asked lot of questions and always got response with positive attitude.

My PMP Journey

1. I attended Sreidhar’s batch, all classes
  2. Completed all 7 sample questionnaires, out of which I could clear 4 (>80%) right in 1st attempt
  3. Read articles on Simplilearn and watched videos
  4. Studied PMBOK – twice
  5. Studied Rita Mulcahy twice
  6. Practiced 1500+ questions overall
  7. Looked for free sources on Internet for sample questions, but be careful about free sources, the Questions on most of the free sites are from PMBOK 5, they may end up confusing you at times.
  8. It took me 3 - 4 months in total to prepare and be confident about giving exam.
  9. I enrolled for online proctored exam due to country wide Covid-19 lock down.
  10. It is very important to study and test your system for minimum requirements and network connectivity before you apply for online proctored exam. I was lucky that because of lock down I need not pay extra rescheduling charges.

Exam Day Journey

1. 4 hours on sitting a single seat was tough with a break on only 10 mins in about halfway through the test.
  2. It is important to note that in the first half (in 2 hours) I got 89 questions to respond before break. In the second half after the break I got same 2 hours but need to answer 111 questions this time. This was pre-designed in test and we can’t do anything about it.
  3. Focused attention completely for all the 4 hours on the computer is what makes it challenging.
  4. I could barely manage to finish my paper. Just finished 1 minutes before and could hardly review 10 questions out of so many questions which I had marked
  5. There is not much time to think again or reading multiple times. If you start thinking too much, timer starts ticking and you lose pace. Hence you must keep a balance between timing and thinking
  6. I got around 10-12 questions on Agile practices of project management and I could answer some of them confidently.
  7. I got around 10 questions based on Formula which were simple like calculating EAC, CV, CPI, float.
  8. Give your best and stay focused. You may have situation during exam when you may start to lose confidence. However, pls keep yourself on and don’t give up.
  9. Most of the questions were situational had seemingly two right answers which makes it more stressful.
  10. Finally looking at Congratulations is what makes you smile after 4 stressful hours.

My advice to everyone preparing the exam

1. Read PMBOK at least 2 times
  2. Read Rita Mulcahy minimum once and solve questions after each chapter
  3. Understand & focus on the wrong answers. You have something to learn there.
  4. Read articles from Simplilearn site.
  5. Learn concepts from all the chapters
  6. Only concepts will help in exam
  7. Learn Process charts
  8. Memorize formulas
  9. Memorize ITTO’s as much as you can
  10. Categorization and Index of tools & techniques at page 724 is best way to memorize and gain confidence.
  11. Read Glossary starting from page 733
  12. Practice questions on Integrated change control management
  13. Practice questions on Initiating and Closing process groups
  14. Practice as many questions as possible, it is good way to learn and practice.

In the end, I would like to extend my sincere thanks to Sreidhar D and Simplilearn Team for excellent training and guidance provided for clearing PMP exam, which paved the way for my success.
clip_image001.png
clip_image001.png

Andy Myers

Hey everyone,

Well today i can finally close my books for a little while as I passed my PMP exam on my first attempt... thankfully!

Its been a long long road to get here. I'll be honest and admit that all the points listed above by everyone else is bang on the money. So I won't rehash what those above me have said.

How ever I would add that the online proctored exam by Pearson View does come with added stress, you have to have its software on your computer, it may or may not work. As in my original exam was booked for the beginning of May, and I waited for 90mins for something to happen and nothing did so I had to end my session and not do the exam. The level of stress had built up that I didn't want to take the exam after waiting around that long. You do have to provide pictures of the area where you're sitting so be prepared for that. Its a mini project taking there exam in its self.

The test was easier than the Simplilearn tests, the answers occasionally were very similar, but by applying common sense and thinking through them you could discard the incorrect ones. Always remember (as Tim used to say) that a PM should always be looking, and always be proactive to responding to events. This helped with around 60+% of my questions.

Id recommend using the Simplilearn on line classes, and reading along with the Rita Mulachy book. The PMBOK to me wasn't very helpful so I only referenced it to see what it said/had to offer. The Simplilearn and Rita Mulachy book were my go to revision due to the depth of explanation in them that the PMBOK lacked. Do the test at the end of each chapter and this will get your head in to how the questions will be phrased. The questions on my exam were clearly worded, and at no time was in doubt about what they were asking of me.

Good look to anyone who's reading this, if I can do it... so can you!

Hi All, Greeting for the day. I had also cleared PMP certification on 27th June,2020. Here i want to say great thanks to Mr.Tim & Simplilearn team for their support, guidance and motivation provided through out last 03 month of study duration.
During lockdown starting phase, i just searched at google about PMP exam & where i came to know about simplilearn. So i choose it without any feedback & found it much more helpful than my expectation.

For Exam preparation,
1. I had studied PMBOK 2-3 times and prepared my own notes which help me a lot to understand each process and capture key points.
2. I had attended 03 batches of live classes from Mr.Tim which help me to understand & clarify all doubts.
3. Third key points is to practices of mock test, i used Simplilearn mock test, Rita question after each chapter and PM challenge questions on projectmanagement.com.
4. I had prepared all this continuous without any break and book the exam for taking online from home itself. So i will suggest to take it easy, prepared systematically, makes notes of each wrong question or topics & eliminate the areas of your weak points.
The exam questions are not much difficult, most of them were situation based, only need to understand the question logic & give best answer.
I will suggest not to take much stress day before exam & face it with confidence.

Best of Luck to all my friends.

Savita.V

Hi,

I cleared PMP exam on 5th Aug 2020 with Above Target performance rating in all the 5 process groups. I would like to thank Tanvir, the trainer and Simplilearn team - you did an amazing job.

My suggestions for all the aspirants ,based on my PMP prep experience is as follows -

• Study consistently for a couple of hours on a daily basis.
  • Intersperse reading with tests to check your progress, grasp of concepts and take corrective steps , if needed.
  • Last 2 days prior to the exam- I did not take any test. Just kept reading in a relaxed manner.
  • Get good sleep on the previous day of the exam. This will keep your mind fresh and help you think well during the exam.
  • Most of the questions in PMP exam are scenario based. Hence, it is imperative that you have good understanding of the concepts. I went through Simplilearn self learning material and training video recordings.
  • Be thorough with PMBok. I read PMBoK twice - first reading to understand the concepts and the second one was a quick revision.
  • Attempt all of Simplilearn Assessment Tests.
  • I took some free online tests (links given below) recommended by some of the Simplilearn alumni in PMP community.
  • Finally, I attempted PM Prepcast Simulator exams(paid) which I found to be very useful (https://www.project-management-prepcast.com/pmp-exam/the-pmp-exam-simulator).
Links for Free Online Tests-

Simplilearn 7 full length mock test- https://www.simplilearn.com
https://www.projectmanagement.com/PMchallenge/
https://www.project-management-prepcast.com/pmp-practice-exam-questions-sample-test
https://www.oliverlehmann.com/pmp-self-test/100-free-questions.htm
http://www.certchamp.com/pmp-sample-questions.jsp
https://www.pm-exam-simulator.com/pmp-exam-simulator/free-pmp-exam-simulator
http://www.preparepm.com/mock1.html?_ga=2.167464125.228764314.1547710435-1090945585.1547710435
https://edward-designer.com/web/pmp/
https://www.edwel.com/Free-Resources/PMP-Certification-Practice-Exam.aspx

Hope this helps.

All the Best
Savita

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonali Bodkhe

Do you remember the days when you burned a lot of midnight oil to earn yourself the tag of a ‘Certified Project Manager’? Stressful, effort-taking but rewarding times, isn’t it? It's time to relive those memories!

PMP is changing lives everyday. Play the guiding light to PMP Aspirants and share your inspiring story of how you successfully cracked PMP.

How did you work your way for earning a PMP Certification?
What was your overall strategy?
How did you manage your time?
Key points included in your brain dump?
Challenges and hurdles faced during this journey? etc...

PMP aspirants - Keep a close eye on this discussion to learn from others' experiences and also ask any query or share your feedback. Good Luck for your certification!

(entries from the Share your PMP certification success story contest thread have been moved here)
what is PMP?

MAHESH KUMAR_14

Hi Simplilearn,

This is just to inform you that I had cleared PMP certification on 12th August,2020.

For this achievement, I would like to thanks Tim Jerome & Simplilearn-team for their support and guidance provided last few months during my study and exam preparation.

For exam preparation, I had gone through the session-recordings of Tim Jerome multiple times to understand the concepts clearly, then taken the mock-tests available on Simplilean itself. As I am already the member of PMI, so I had downloaded the free edition of PMBOK from their website and referred that as well.

Best of luck to all who are preparing for the exam !!

Hello Everyone,

I cleared my PMP exam on the 23rd July 2020 with an above Target score.
I would like to thank trainers Sachin Goswami and took additional classes of Manjunath, Both Trainer's classes were very helpful in my PMP preparation.
Apart from it, I also read PMBOK and Rita Mulchay, which were also very useful.
I would like to appreciate Sachin Goswami unique style of teaching by giving example for every topic which is very helpful and you will never forget that topic in your life.
Also Manjunath style of teaching with practice questions after every chapter is also very helpful in clearing the PMP Exam.
Thanks Simplilearn Team.

Regards,
Rajender Singh Parihar

Support Simplilearn(4685)

Staff member
Alumni
Hi Simplilearn,

This is just to inform you that I had cleared PMP certification on 12th August,2020.

For this achievement, I would like to thanks Tim Jerome & Simplilearn-team for their support and guidance provided last few months during my study and exam preparation.

For exam preparation, I had gone through the session-recordings of Tim Jerome multiple times to understand the concepts clearly, then taken the mock-tests available on Simplilean itself. As I am already the member of PMI, so I had downloaded the free edition of PMBOK from their website and referred that as well.

Best of luck to all who are preparing for the exam !!

Congratulations and we wish you a bright future.

Deepti Bhattacharya

I finally have the PMP tag against my name. Gave the exam today early morning from home and was super joyed to see that Congratulations message at the end of the exam!
Even surprised to see mail with my results in the evening itself scoring Above Target in all areas

My Preparation:
I started preparing for PMP last year around the same time attended simplilearn PMP classroom courses for 35 hours PDU. Attended Sreidhars live classes. Also had registered for Tims classes, but didnt attend live classes, had registered just for recording. Applied for the exam and was approved without any hassles.
Referred Rita Mulachy, Simplilearn course material and PMBOK and had extensively prepared my own notes then.
But then had to drop the plan for giving actual exam due to work commitment changes.
Picked up the studies again in August end this year and referred to the Tim's classroom recordings from Simplilearn, Rita Mulachy, my notes for revision again. This time also prepared flash cards.. must have made around 900 to 1000 of them!
I was studying 4-5 hours every day, longer in the weekend, was getting up at 5 in the morning to study, as work hours it was difficult to find time to study
In parallel to preparing and revising I started giving simplilearn tests. The first time scores were 74.5, 79, 76.5, 86, 84.5, 83, 84.5
I didn't use PrepCast quizzes more, because didn't want to bias my full length tests. Initially did around 384 questions using quizzes and started with the full length tests.
then bought Prepcast PM Simulator. I really loved the way answers are explained in Prepcast, also the way you can slice and dice your results to work on the weak areas.
My Prepcast test scores were 88.5, 90.5, 90.5, 89, 90.5, 87, 90.5.
I wasn't focusing much on ITTO's, but gave the ITTO test as part of quizzes.
I also gave the PMI free test, and scored 78%, which kind of shook me considering I was hitting 90's in prepcast.

I also gave the module tests in EduHubspot, they are tough..was hitting 79% in them.

Online exam experience

I logged in half an hour early, uploaded photos and went through the tutorial and started the exam infact 10 mins before actual time. But then the proctor contacted me through chat and call option in exam, asking me to confirm if all other windows were closed.
Which I had, she still asked me to open task mgr. But when I followed her instruction there was an issue, and my test when resumed, started without camera working! I panicked a bit. The clock kept ticking. She then asked me to force restart my laptop. And she called me on my phone.
I then again entered the access code which she gave on the phone and resumed the test, this time everything was working. She told me they will raise a case of this incident and if at the end I need extra time due to this I would get it. I didnt need it though, as I finished my exam with almost 50 mins to spare
smile.png

I finally took a deep breath and resumed my exam.
After the 90th question, the review screen pops up. I reviewed the questions I had flagged, I even changed some answers and then ended the review to take the break. Ate something, washed my face and started the exam again.
After I had finished answering the 200 questions the review screen popped up again. I reviewed the flagged questions first and then started going through all the remaining questions. I also changed some answers of non flagged ones! But by the time I got to reviewing last 30, I had lost patience
smile.png
, My back was hurting and so were my legs. So decided to submit the exam and Lo the congratulations screen popped up!!!

Phew what a relief it was

Tips:
The real exam questions were short, similar to Prepcast questions, just 3 questions where I had to use calculator, and 1 question where I used whiteboard for network diagram.
There is a comment option in the left hand corner of the test, that I found useful for the EVM Calculation questions, you can save it and when you review it, you will still find it there
The whiteboard once opened, I wasn't able to close it, but good thing is the camera screen and whiteboard both can be moved around, so I dragged it below so that it doesn't distract
While using any of the simulator tests, Please do review the questions you answer wrong, revise the weak areas and give the next exam.
For prepcast simulator I also went through questions I answered correctly, reading explanation for each of the answers. Trust me it helps a lot.

Sarath.ad

I finally have the PMP tag against my name. Gave the exam today early morning from home and was super joyed to see that Congratulations message at the end of the exam!
Even surprised to see mail with my results in the evening itself scoring Above Target in all areas

My Preparation:
I started preparing for PMP last year around the same time attended simplilearn PMP classroom courses for 35 hours PDU. Attended Sreidhars live classes. Also had registered for Tims classes, but didnt attend live classes, had registered just for recording. Applied for the exam and was approved without any hassles.
Referred Rita Mulachy, Simplilearn course material and PMBOK and had extensively prepared my own notes then.
But then had to drop the plan for giving actual exam due to work commitment changes.
Picked up the studies again in August end this year and referred to the Tim's classroom recordings from Simplilearn, Rita Mulachy, my notes for revision again. This time also prepared flash cards.. must have made around 900 to 1000 of them!
I was studying 4-5 hours every day, longer in the weekend, was getting up at 5 in the morning to study, as work hours it was difficult to find time to study
In parallel to preparing and revising I started giving simplilearn tests. The first time scores were 74.5, 79, 76.5, 86, 84.5, 83, 84.5
I didn't use PrepCast quizzes more, because didn't want to bias my full length tests. Initially did around 384 questions using quizzes and started with the full length tests.
then bought Prepcast PM Simulator. I really loved the way answers are explained in Prepcast, also the way you can slice and dice your results to work on the weak areas.
My Prepcast test scores were 88.5, 90.5, 90.5, 89, 90.5, 87, 90.5.
I wasn't focusing much on ITTO's, but gave the ITTO test as part of quizzes.
I also gave the PMI free test, and scored 78%, which kind of shook me considering I was hitting 90's in prepcast.

I also gave the module tests in EduHubspot, they are tough..was hitting 79% in them.

Online exam experience

I logged in half an hour early, uploaded photos and went through the tutorial and started the exam infact 10 mins before actual time. But then the proctor contacted me through chat and call option in exam, asking me to confirm if all other windows were closed.
Which I had, she still asked me to open task mgr. But when I followed her instruction there was an issue, and my test when resumed, started without camera working! I panicked a bit. The clock kept ticking. She then asked me to force restart my laptop. And she called me on my phone.
I then again entered the access code which she gave on the phone and resumed the test, this time everything was working. She told me they will raise a case of this incident and if at the end I need extra time due to this I would get it. I didnt need it though, as I finished my exam with almost 50 mins to spare
smile.png

I finally took a deep breath and resumed my exam.
After the 90th question, the review screen pops up. I reviewed the questions I had flagged, I even changed some answers and then ended the review to take the break. Ate something, washed my face and started the exam again.
After I had finished answering the 200 questions the review screen popped up again. I reviewed the flagged questions first and then started going through all the remaining questions. I also changed some answers of non flagged ones! But by the time I got to reviewing last 30, I had lost patience
smile.png
, My back was hurting and so were my legs. So decided to submit the exam and Lo the congratulations screen popped up!!!

Phew what a relief it was

Tips:
The real exam questions were short, similar to Prepcast questions, just 3 questions where I had to use calculator, and 1 question where I used whiteboard for network diagram.
There is a comment option in the left hand corner of the test, that I found useful for the EVM Calculation questions, you can save it and when you review it, you will still find it there
The whiteboard once opened, I wasn't able to close it, but good thing is the camera screen and whiteboard both can be moved around, so I dragged it below so that it doesn't distract
While using any of the simulator tests, Please do review the questions you answer wrong, revise the weak areas and give the next exam.
For prepcast simulator I also went through questions I answered correctly, reading explanation for each of the answers. Trust me it helps a lot.
Congratulations for Clearing the exam.

Rajat_Kumar

Administrator
Staff member
Simplilearn Support
Alumni
Hi,

So here is my 2 cents worth on preparation and exam.

Preparation:

1. Many years ago I had taken one look at a PMBOK page a colleague was reading and decided that it is not my cup of tea. Frankly, it was drier than the Sahara. But the credit for changing my view goes to Head First PMP book. It's a fun way to learn and covers most of the concepts neatly. I loved the way it has explained the Critical Path Method and Earned Value Management. Once you pick up this book, it is difficult to put it down - take my word for it.

2. My next port of call was PMBOK. This one has to be read at least thrice - make sure you cover Time management, Cost management and Quality management chapters thoroughly. Also make sure you have a good grasp of ITTOs.

3. If possible, make notes of following for each process, knowledge area-wise - purpose, input, tools and outputs. You can carry the notes with you to office and keep referring to them as you get time throughout the day. Within days, you will get a good grasp of this important aspect. This list will also come in handy during last minute revision. Also make a word document of contents of all subsidiary plans so you can keep referring to it. I am attaching the document I made. Hope it helps you.

4. Simplilearn material - eBook, exercises and tests. After giving the test, make sure you go through the explanations of ALL the questions.

5. Go through the PMI Code of ethics, PMBOK glossary and new examination content online

6. Additional tests - I had time to do only mock test on www.oliverlehmann.com and 200 questions from Tutorialspoint.

7. Check the post by member Siggy on this thread. There are 2 pdfs of exam taking tips in it. Make sure you go through them. Also go through 'THE STRATEGIC APPROACH TO STANDARDIZED TESTING (PMP).pdf' from the course download section.

8. If you have any queries on the content, post them on the SimpliLearn forum. Someone will surely answer.

9. 3-4 days before the exam, make a list of things that you will go through on the day before the exam. No point in overloading your brain.

10. I didn't have time to go through Rita Mulcahy book so didn't purchase it.

Exam:

1. I was asked to reach the center an hour before the exam. Make sure you get clear directions in advance.

2. Carry your ID and copy of the appointment. Please note that the only 2 things that you can carry with you to the exam room are your locker key and your ID proof.

3. If you are going to need ear-pads make sure they are kept ready in the room. The center where I gave exam had them in each cubicle.

4. Please go through the tutorial at the start of the exam - even if it sounds easy. It has instructions on how to strike out options or how to highlight parts of the question. These things come in very handy while solving the questions.

5. DO NOT PANIC even if you have to mark first 5 or more questions for later review. I had to do that. But luckily I had read the PDFs from member Siggy's post and so knew that it can happen. You will get into the answering rhythm soon enough.

6. Make sure you keep an eye out for the clock every now and then. It is easy to lose track of time when you are answering a question. Remember the tip of 1 minute or less per question.

7. I finished my exam in 3.5 hours so had just enough time to go through marked questions. I would advise again to make good use of the facility to mark questions for later review.

All the best and may the Force be with you :)
Swapna
Wow, thats Great to hear Swapna, All the best!!!!

_51374

Hi All

cleared my PMP on 17th of Nov, 2020 in the 1st attempt. took the test from a test center. amazing experience seeing the congrats message coming up in the screen.

i did 2 rounds of revision of Rita and PMBOK and followed it up with one glancing through session of both the books. completed all the 7 tests in Simplilearn along with all the question in Rita (there are the closest you get) at least twice.

compulsory reading is Rita Mulcahy, know Rita's process chart like the back of your hand. answer all the question atleast twice. my last day preparation was reading through all the explanations in the answer sections in Rita. read the explanations even if you have answered the question correctly.

additionally took couple of exams from Oliver F. Lehman (they are really good) and also bought the question bank from Fahad Usmani (400 questions, they are also good) to complete my preparations.

thanks Simplilearn and Sridhar Sir for the guidance and the questions banks (the 7 sets of questions will clearly give an indication what is your strength and areas to improve).

wishing all the aspirants the very best for their exams, believe me it is worth the hard work and effort. the journey of preparations itself is a reward in itself.

Suresh.R

Prema.M

Staff member
Simplilearn Support
Alumni
Congratulations Swapna,Keep up the good work!Thank you for the above insights it surely helps!

Divya Kesarwani

Finally I have also cleared my PMP assessment on first attempt. I would like to thank Simplilearn and Tim Jerome for the wonderful training. The assessments in the training material helped a lot while preparing for the exam. Also, thanks to my friend Peeyush for motivating me to take up and finish the exam with 1 month preparation only.
Yes. I did my training by Tim with Simplilearn in the month of April 2020 and and post that kept the material on the shelf (Very big mistake o_O ). When Peeyush told me in the month of Oct that he has nominated for the exam and cleared, then I realized I should also have continued study as the format is going to get changed in the month of January 21.
I nominated immediately for the exam and had exactly 1 month left for study. I started with Rita's PMP Exam Prep book and simplilearn material/notes and assessments. Daily i used to study 3/3.5 hours dedicatedly in night and completed the book. Was feeling bit confident. I started reading PMBOK and half way through, exam date reached nearby. With 3 days to go, I started feeling nervous again. Last two days before the assessment, I skimmed through Rita's book and practice sets and explanations. Helped me to revise and feel bit confident.
On the exam day, went to the center and finished the part 1 of the exam nervously. I took around 95 mins for the first part and changed couple of answers during review. Second part of the exam I got a bit settled and finished the exam patiently. I clicked on End review at the last minute and after a few moment saw Congratulations message on the screen. Was really relaxed to see that :p. I got Above target in 3 sections, On target in 1 section and below target in 1 section.
The 4 hour exam was really exhausting and eating something in the break really helped a lot.
I would suggest everyone who is preparing for the exam to take it seriously and prepare it with 200% dedication. I am sure you will get success if you are persistent enough to give sometime towards the study.

Last edited:

Prema.M

Staff member
Simplilearn Support
Alumni
Thank you Swapna,Wishing you all the best in your future endeavours.

Hai,

Friends and simplilearn,

Today I passed my PMP exam in first attempt. All AT's . In below paragraphs sharing my experience and learning strategy, hope it will help others in achieving this certification:

1) Started my journey on September 2020 by enrolling to class . Gone through Simplilearn materials and questions. In October studied PMBOK once. Half way through PMBOK, I felt that this is not enough for cracking this exam. Also because of family and work commitments, the hours that I need to invest for studying seems to be not enough.

2) Luckily I had my leave left for this year and I took that in November and started studying dedicatedly using Rita's book. This book really helped me a lot. It cleared my concept about project management,
Why the tools and technique are required etc. I have not memorized ITTO's but rather tried to understand them. Also I tried to understand various concepts by digging deep inside it.

3) On 14 Nov 2020, applied for PMP, got approval easily. Waited for booking the exam as I am not clear at that point of time whether I am exam ready or not.

4) By end of November, I started scoring above 80% in mock tests. So booked my test for 11 Dec 2020 using online mode.

5) Started revising and completed mocks tests of Oliver and PMI. I should say that PMI questions are really tricky and require lot of understanding for ticking the right answer. Used lesson learned from all this tests for reviewing my weak area and prepare accordingly.

6) I had not bought any other tests other than Simplilearn. So readers, focus on tests given by Simplilearn, its good and make you prepare for exam.

Day of test:

1) My exam is scheduled for afternoon. So prepared my self for testing. Logged in pearson vue 30 mins before, taken pics as stated and waited for proctor to connect and start exam. It was a trouble free event and my exam started on time.

2) Completed first 89 questions in approx 1.5 hrs and reviewed it and submitted. Taken the authorized break and came back in 5 mins. Here at about 150th question proctor contacted through chat and texted me about issue with the video. I confirmed its ok from my side. He tried to reconnect and after about 05 mins he reconnected successfully. At last I started to focus again in the exam and continued. Second part completed 30 mins before and reviewed my flagged questions. Still 06 mins remaining , thought of reviewing
more but stopped as I don't want to change options any more. Submitted exam 05 mins early and finally got the Congratulations screen. Oh! what a relief.

3) Completed the survey and ended exam.

4) Half hour later seen my score card in Pearsons=> My Score card link. " Passed with all AT's".

Important points:

1) Gone through Tims lecture videos more than once to grasp the processes and methods elaborated by Tim.

2) PMBOK is more like a reference guide. Additional reference material such as Rita etc may be required or essential for good understanding.

3) In my exam, I got about 10 agile questions, I answered few of them confidently.

4) None of mock questions gets repeated in PMP exam.

5) Questions in real exam are really tricky and not straight forward, a single word can change correct options dramatically. So read the questions and options carefully.

6) Time is not a point of worry, if you are not nervous. You can finish it well within time. Use Mock test to practice it.

7) Be aware of procrastination, book the exam because you will never be 100 % sure.

At the end thanks to Simplilearn and Tim for there wonderful effort.

Also please feel free to ask anything regarding PMP.

Thanks.

Renu Sainani

Do you remember the days when you burned a lot of midnight oil to earn yourself the tag of a ‘Certified Project Manager’? Stressful, effort-taking but rewarding times, isn’t it? It's time to relive those memories!

PMP is changing lives everyday. Play the guiding light to PMP Aspirants and share your inspiring story of how you successfully cracked PMP.

PMP aspirants - Keep a close eye on this discussion to learn from others' experiences and also ask any query or share your feedback. Good Luck for your certification!

(entries from the Share your PMP certification success story contest thread have been moved here)
I cleared my exam on Dec 1st 2020

Hello Friends -
Today, I cleared my PMP exam in my first attempt.
Thanks to SimpliLearn and Mr. Sreedhar.
I went through what Sreedhar taught in the class and that was enough. No mock tests or forums or extensive study. Fortunately, I have worked long enough in the industry to answer the real life questions and pass the exam. Sreedhar drilled the concepts so nicely, I didn't need much else. Thank you Sreedhar!

Keshab Chatterjee

Hi All

cleared my PMP on 17th of Nov, 2020 in the 1st attempt. took the test from a test center. amazing experience seeing the congrats message coming up in the screen.

i did 2 rounds of revision of Rita and PMBOK and followed it up with one glancing through session of both the books. completed all the 7 tests in Simplilearn along with all the question in Rita (there are the closest you get) at least twice.

compulsory reading is Rita Mulcahy, know Rita's process chart like the back of your hand. answer all the question atleast twice. my last day preparation was reading through all the explanations in the answer sections in Rita. read the explanations even if you have answered the question correctly.

additionally took couple of exams from Oliver F. Lehman (they are really good) and also bought the question bank from Fahad Usmani (400 questions, they are also good) to complete my preparations.

thanks Simplilearn and Sridhar Sir for the guidance and the questions banks (the 7 sets of questions will clearly give an indication what is your strength and areas to improve).

wishing all the aspirants the very best for their exams, believe me it is worth the hard work and effort. the journey of preparations itself is a reward in itself.

Suresh.R

HI Suresh,

How difficult it was to work on calculation based questions in Proctor based exam ?

Hi all,
I sat for the exam yesterday night.
I passed it.
I started working actively PMP preparation last year, around December 2019.
I finished my offline and live videos (thanks Tim) and earned the completion certificate by that time and was planning to schedule the exam aroun June before the test questions update.
However a huge project in my workplace combined with COVID pandemic changed my strategy.
After a total disconnection i resumed around November when I realised the exam can be taken remotely.
Since the questions type test was set to be changed for January, I set a plan, a crashed preparation of 4 weeks with nearly 4 hours a day.
I reviewed another set of live classes (thanks Bana) and went through the simulation test combined with a walk through PMBOK.
I then prepared my own cards, one for each process. It was useful since if served as a second reading of the PMBOK. It helps visualising how processes are connected.the tests were directing me through weaknesses I had. I was sometimes frustrated with some questions and their feedback as I feel they nedx review. But I saw it as an opportunity to manage tge stress in case the same thing happens in the exam.
The exam at home is a quite nice experience. Thou i apprehended not being able to use pen and paper, the highlighting and striking tools combined to the notepad provided by Person Vue are very useful.
The exam is really stressful, especially at rhe beginning. The time management is very important. The exam is designed to fully utilise the 4 hours. However Simplilearn test preparation helps since after the 1 hour, you are less stressed since you have been in a similar environment.
I passed it, and i was relieved seeing the feedback.
Thanks for the help provided here.

Carl_20

I'm elated to say that I just passed my PMP exam on my first try. I took the class with professor Sridhar and he was awesome. I took all of the simplilearn practice exams multiple times. Before signing up for the exam, I made sure that my averages on all tests were at least 80%. Most of my time was allotted to creating the study materials. I was a little nervous because I was overwhelmed by the amount of material within the PMP. Upon taking the exam, I think I over prepared, as I thought it was relatively easy. I was just scared to fail because I didn't want to waste the exam fee.

I took the class the last week of August and just recently scheduled for the exam. Part of the reason it took so long is because I took really detailed notes on everything. Between the PMBOK and Rita's guide, I typed almost 200 pages of notes, and my study materials also took a while. To be honest with you guys, I was discouraged at first because each time I took a practice exam, I kept failing and receiving subpar scores, but I kept going and eventually made progress. Just like in my experience, the key to everything in life is perseverance. Sometimes you have to fail forward. Stay strong/encouraged and see it through!

Hi Everyone,

I'm excited to share that I was able to pass the PMP exam last week December 23, just prior to the exam change this coming January 2. From a resource perspective, I sat in on two of Tim Jerome's classes earlier this year (March, April). However, the pandemic actually created a surge in business activity, and I couldn't revisit the certification until Q4. In November, I reviewed the class recordings and the self learning modules. I used the PMBOK as a reference only, concentrating on the effective way Tim taught about how to think through the scenario questions. It made the important formula questions more intuitive and much less of a memory chore. Although I couldn't help but view some videos in the Youtube space, I focused on the questions rather than other teaching methods to minimize confusion. I recommend a thorough review of your notes, create flash cards, and understand the flow of the processes.

Thanks Simplilearn for helping with this next chapter in my career. I look forward to assisting in any way I can with this great Project Management Community.

Hello all! I received my PMP certification in December 2020. Here are the following things that I did to prepare:

1. I took the online class taught by Tim Jerome (hi Tim!) from Oct. 19th - Nov 12th. I did the required modules made by Simplilearn.

2. I created a TON of flashcards using Quizlet. They have different mini-games to help you memorize and understand terms. This helped me understand the ITTO of each process.

3. I physically wrote the 5 processes/49 processes chart every time I studied. I tested myself to see if I remember which goes where. Extremely helpful. I also wrote down any other charts I found useful.

4. I took several practice tests. This helped me identify the things that I still didn't understand.

5. I asked my friends to help quiz me!

6. This was hard, but I fought to get just enough sleep each night. I'm a bit of a night owl.

I'm a nervous test taker, but while I was taking the real thing I took a few breaths and had enough time to go over my marked questions. Very thankful for this experience. Wishing you the best of luck in your test-taking!

~Mia G.

_48647

Thank You TIM!!

To start my 1st attempt PMP pass experience , i have to give total credit to Tim Jerome sir. I have been with simplilearn since 2018 December but only after TIM's class that i got confidence that was needed to excel in the exam.

Also for those who are planning to go for exam, i have a suggestion which i feel must be shared with every one. Please don't fall prey to procrastination. You can only clear the exam if you set a target date for exam and pay fee for exam on PMI website.

all you need to do is ..

1. Complete pre recorded content.
2. simultaneously complete PMBOK chapter to chapter.
3. Memorize SIMPLILEARN process chart.
4. Memorize Network diagram
5. Earned Value Management
6. Expected Monetary Value
7. Decision Tree
8. The fine line between stakeholders and their communications.

These 8 points will give you success, also dont miss the Agile stuff as from 1st Jan 2021 Agile is very much part of the exam with 180 questions you get.

Finally love you simplilearn for being my best mate to pass the exam. your support staff are highly dedicated for the student help.

Gae

HI EVERYONE I PASSED FIRST TIME

I wrote in late December, I thought I wasn't prepared but I decided to do it on the last day that the Exam was offered to be proctored in 2020.

Although I did a brain dump of all the formulations onto the white board, I did not get any math questions other than NPVs but I had to do 3 network diagrams, each only 1 question each. I also did not get any negative questions about what I Would not do as a PM. But that was my exam.
Strategy:
Do all the practice exams that you can. None of the questions were on the exam, but they help getting you to read the questions carefully and interpret what the PMI would like the answer to be.
Review the answers you answered incorrectly and the questions that you just guessed at. (even if you got these correct) If you do not understand the answer by all means go to the forum.
I was bouncing between 77 and 83% when I was forced to take the exam.
I reviewed all of Tim's class recordings, and picked up several things that I did not have in my notes.

I had to write the exam with an Amber Alert going off on my cell phone after the break. Do not touch your phone, or leave the space without asking. The proctor would not let me turn it off so I had to write the last 2 hours of my exam with a loud alarm going off every few minutes. I was surprised that I passed but it go to show if you prepare you can do it.

Thanks Tim and Simplilearn for making the process smoother than I thought.

Hi everyone, thanks for the opportunity to share my story and learnings here! Earning PMP credential was definitely a good learning curve for me, especially in the middle of pandemic and related changes. For the aspirants of PMP credential, few of my peer notes are as below:

1) Honestly, Simplilearn full length tests are of top quality. Only few other sample tests from other websites were as good.
2) If you are studying with Simplilearn materila + Rita + PMBOK latest edition, I don't believe there is a need for any other study material
3) While studying first time, it will sound like it is impossible to integrate all information. But, when you revise for second / third time, everything will make sense and things will become easy to digest
4) Don't over study and delay giving exam. Once you start getting around 70% - 80% scores in Simplilearn tests, in my opinion, you should be ready for the actual test
5) At the time of giving exam, please don't judge how the exam is going; just be consistent with time. I had no idea on how my exam was going and I did manage to get above expectation on all five categories. So, trust yourself

Also, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Simplilearn and my coach Sridhar for the handholding and guidance.

All the best! Cheers!

Aman_125

Hi N
Hi everyone, thanks for the opportunity to share my story and learnings here! Earning PMP credential was definitely a good learning curve for me, especially in the middle of pandemic and related changes. For the aspirants of PMP credential, few of my peer notes are as below:

1) Honestly, Simplilearn full length tests are of top quality. Only few other sample tests from other websites were as good.
2) If you are studying with Simplilearn materila + Rita + PMBOK latest edition, I don't believe there is a need for any other study material
3) While studying first time, it will sound like it is impossible to integrate all information. But, when you revise for second / third time, everything will make sense and things will become easy to digest
4) Don't over study and delay giving exam. Once you start getting around 70% - 80% scores in Simplilearn tests, in my opinion, you should be ready for the actual test
5) At the time of giving exam, please don't judge how the exam is going; just be consistent with time. I had no idea on how my exam was going and I did manage to get above expectation on all five categories. So, trust yourself

Also, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Simplilearn and my coach Sridhar for the handholding and guidance.

All the best! Cheers!
Hi Navaneethan,

Did you pass the exam in 2021 ?

Could you please share if PMBOK 6th edition was enough to study for the new version of exam ?

Regards,
Aman

Woohoo!! I am excited to share I cleared my PMP exam yesterday March 11, 2021. I would like thank Tim Jerome and Simplilearn for providing wonderful learning opportunity. Tim is a great tutor.

I submitted my application on May 2020. But struck with other issues not able to concentrate more on pmp preparation . Then PMI made changes from Jan 2, 2021. I was more worried how the changes will be.

Then I joined in Simplilearn on January 2021. Tim explained well about changes and how we have to prepare. I got more clear idea what I can expect and how to prepare. I downloaded his classes and watched them again.

Initially I booked my exam on April, 2021. Took mock exam in Simplilearn and other websites and was confident in clearing . So I preponed my exam to March. FYI please don't expect same question You practiced in mock. It will be same in logic .We have to think about the methodology and answer based on that.

Exam Day
Mine is a online exam . In order to have a quite environment, I decide to take at night. logged in 30 mins earlier . Provided ID and took photos of the room in which I am taking exam. then entered exam room and Waited in Queue. Proctor asked me to show the exam desk, room then let me access my exam.
Completed 80 questions in one and half hours and took a 10 mins break . I have expected some formulas and calculations based questions. But haven't got such questions. Finished all my questions in 3 hours 15 mins. Then checked for incomplete questions and flagged questions. I lost my patience. Because its very difficult to sit for long without moving the face from the center of the camera. Got warning from proctor once I moved back to stretch my legs. Then submitted my exam at 3 hours 45 mins.

Finally , Congratulations message popped up on the screen . Today I got my Detailed report . People and Business environment is in Target and Process is in Above target .

Thanks you Simplilearn and @tim jerome

Excited to announce that I passed my PMP exam this last Friday March 19th, 2021. After I took the class, I took a couple weeks off to relax my mind before studying. Once I was ready to hit the books, I scheduled my exam for three weeks out. I found it helpful to know I had a set deadline to get all my studying in. I read the PMBOK and focused on understanding the different processes. I learned it's important to understand the logic behind the processes and not so much memorizing the ITTOs. After reading the PMBOK, I reread the exam prep book. This help tremendously put all the processes into context and incorporate the three domains. I also utilized Youtube a lot for practice questions and deeper dive into topics.

I found the practice exams on Simplilearn very helpful in setting my expectations of what the actual exam is like. Although there were typos and errors in the practice exams, it was still very helpful to take them and review to understand where my gaps were. I was scoring around 75% on the practice exams when I took the test. I managed to get above target for People and Business Environment, and on target for Processes.

Thanks Simplilearn for helping me get through this process.

Yes I too cleared it ,but quite interested long journey, I have started preparation it 2015 ,but ended and cleared in 2021.
I went through two and half of pmbok 5,6 and now in 2021 still officially not released but we are now in age of after pmbok 6 age and may be 7 will released in August 2021.
About my story of delay I had plenty of my own personal miserables to delay the pass it.I have learnt it in few institutions due to different years my stay in country change and work changes happen due to esleier said personelle matter.But last was simplilearn,thanks for all.if you need any thing please email in my inbox,i can Vomit it if any secret I have,but I can say as summary continuous 2-3 hours per day commitment needed at elast for 2-3 months Specially you are under new syllabus and still no pmbok released for it.But exam is quite dangerous due to it won’t show you it’s came from where,but seems practical questions consumed more than half of 180.However good luck.my personnel email sisikelum@yahoo.com

Last edited:
I cleared the PMP exam on 16th April, 2021. Thanks to SimpliLearn for the classes and material which were helpful.

I mainly used the "PMI Authorized PMP Book" for my preparation and used the Self learning videos on Simplilearn site, PMBOK 6th edition and "AgilePracticeGuide" as reference material.

Was scoring around 75% in the assessment tests.

Got above target for all sections- People, Process and Business Environment.

I passed my PMP certification exam on 13th April and got 'Above Target' on all the three domains. The exam that lasted for 230 minutes is sufficient time to complete, visit the flagged items at slots allotted before taking breaks and have a calm mind. I took only the first break after 1 hour, stretched, replenished, prayed and sat through the rest. I enjoyed the exam. When you take the test, do read through the real question while highlighting the important keywords, like process group, majorly impacted issue and read through all the options. I encountered 7 to 8 mix and match questions, 2 graphical and absolutely no maths :-(
Being in the mindset and zone of being ethical, coaching and mentoring helped me get choices correct. Thank you Tim for teaching us not only explicit, but tacit knowledge as well. You are a wonderful person. Achieving PMP certification is indeed climbing up Maslow's hierarchy of 'Esteem' I wish you all good luck and may God bless!

Amit_335

Hey Guys, Happy to share the news that I cleared my PMP exam on April 17, 2021. Thanks to Tim Jerome and Sachin Goswami whose online classes I attended. The new exam format is completely agilified. Please get your agile concepts in place. Questions are all long ones and scenario based, You would need to read and re-read the questions to understand them so please keep a close eye on the time. Lastly no preparation would feel complete. A night before examination, I felt as if I know nothing when I tried to just get into a flashback mode to revise the entire course, But guys, just relax and concentrate on your core understanding of the concepts. Please please dont run behind the questions. I did not solve any question paper. Trust me my first question paper that I solved was the real exam paper of 180 questions and I aced it with above target in all three domains. I would again reiterate...PMP is about clearing concepts. If you can explain a concept back to someone after understanding, it means you are reaady to answer any question related to that topic in exam.

Thanks Team Simplilearn and my learned faculties.. Tim and Sachin..

Dear All,

I am happy to share that I cleared the PMP certification on 09-May-2021 with Above target score.
My Journey started last year in Sep-2020 with a training session from TIM and later with Bala, both were amazing, however due to personal commitments I was not able to give my exam last year.
When I started, again, it was already new and all the information gathered last year was not going to work. I had few folks suggesting read PMBOK, Prepcast simulator and that is enough. New format was overwhelming, it had agile and hybrid component in it.

My preparation Journey

1) Studied PMBOK almost 4-5 times
2) Prepcast exam simulator exam 1 in March 68%, exam2 April 71%, exam3 April 85%, exam 4 80%. (This was done parallel with PMBOK reading).
3) I realized this is too monotonous as the PMI org has more than 10 books preferred for exam, so somewhere – I had a feeling of doing more work.
4) I searched online, got introduced to Andrew Ramdayal, his mindset videos as game changer. Would propose at least watch them once before giving exam.
5) Coupled with PMBOK, Agile Study guide and Andrew Ramdayal and in last leap solved 100 questions from Prepcast per 10-knowledge area. Helped me gain confidence that I can pass this exam easily. It took me 2 months with 4-5 hours daily reading.

One learning to remember this is not a memorizing exam, it’s based on situational questions and for me it was 40% predictive, 40% Agile and 20% Hybrid.

Thank you Tim, Bala my mentors from Simplilearn and all my PMP friends who helped me in achieving this journey successfully.

Good luck!

Hello Tim and all the PMP aspiring members !

Glad to let you all know that I passed the PMP exam in 1st attempt today (13th May 2021) with a score of Above Target in all 3 Domains. Here is what I would say about the exam and my journey:

I have a PM experience working in IT industry and was aspiring to be PMP certified as this a world renowned certificate for Project Managers. I joined simplilearn and completed the PMP prep class on April 9th 2021. Since then I was preparing for the exam and finally gave the exam today!

I first went through the exam prep guide offered by PMI lochoice. What I did is I would read through 1 complete section, then refer to Tims session notes for that section and proceed to next. . I then went through the simplilearn learning content and prepared my own notes of key topics/definitions/formulas. I did all of this in 3 weeks. By end of April, I felt I have gone through enough material and should start evaluating my knowledge. I started giving the assessments on simplilearn. I scored around 64% in assessment 1... I reviewed all the questions I had answered wrong and carefully tried to understand and learn from the right choice for that question (I continued taking notes based on this as well..) .. In a similar fashion I gave all assessments and still was scoring around 64-70% and that's when I realized my prep was not enough!

I then became a PMI member, got access to PMBOK 6th edition and started going through it. PMBOK has much more information and content than any of the learning materials I had gone through earlier. The content is well organized and easy to understand. As I went through it I felt I should have gone through it first rather than spending time on any other materials and all that I did (mentioned above:)) I then attempted assessments again and this time I scored around 78%

So here's my advise on preparation - Focus on PMBOK first and go through it completely, understand each process group.. what activities are done in that... what is the output of each and what outcome does that bring to the project.. Then refer to the simplilearn training material... and then try giving assessments... Use assessments to just get an idea of how the questions would be... but the actual exam has very tricky and different set of questions (not a part of any of the practice assessments)..

Now talking about the exam ...
The exam is tough, tricky and exhaustive... 2 important things

Time runs out really fast...

I was left with 2 mins when I answered the last question... The questions are so tricky and lengthy that I had to read them twice, thrice to understand the intent of the question and scenario and then figure out the appropriate answer...

No straight forward questions
There are no straight forward questions.. out of 180 I would say more than 170 were scenario based ... you need to have your concepts absolutely clear to understand and answer those..

Good luck !

_30522

Hello Tim and all the PMP aspiring members !

Glad to let you all know that I passed the PMP exam in 1st attempt today (13th May 2021) with a score of Above Target in all 3 Domains. Here is what I would say about the exam and my journey:

I have a PM experience working in IT industry and was aspiring to be PMP certified as this a world renowned certificate for Project Managers. I joined simplilearn and completed the PMP prep class on April 9th 2021. Since then I was preparing for the exam and finally gave the exam today!

I first went through the exam prep guide offered by PMI lochoice. What I did is I would read through 1 complete section, then refer to Tims session notes for that section and proceed to next. . I then went through the simplilearn learning content and prepared my own notes of key topics/definitions/formulas. I did all of this in 3 weeks. By end of April, I felt I have gone through enough material and should start evaluating my knowledge. I started giving the assessments on simplilearn. I scored around 64% in assessment 1... I reviewed all the questions I had answered wrong and carefully tried to understand and learn from the right choice for that question (I continued taking notes based on this as well..) .. In a similar fashion I gave all assessments and still was scoring around 64-70% and that's when I realized my prep was not enough!

I then became a PMI member, got access to PMBOK 6th edition and started going through it. PMBOK has much more information and content than any of the learning materials I had gone through earlier. The content is well organized and easy to understand. As I went through it I felt I should have gone through it first rather than spending time on any other materials and all that I did (mentioned above:)) I then attempted assessments again and this time I scored around 78%

So here's my advise on preparation - Focus on PMBOK first and go through it completely, understand each process group.. what activities are done in that... what is the output of each and what outcome does that bring to the project.. Then refer to the simplilearn training material... and then try giving assessments... Use assessments to just get an idea of how the questions would be... but the actual exam has very tricky and different set of questions (not a part of any of the practice assessments)..

Now talking about the exam ...
The exam is tough, tricky and exhaustive... 2 important things

Time runs out really fast...

I was left with 2 mins when I answered the last question... The questions are so tricky and lengthy that I had to read them twice, thrice to understand the intent of the question and scenario and then figure out the appropriate answer...

No straight forward questions
There are no straight forward questions.. out of 180 I would say more than 170 were scenario based ... you need to have your concepts absolutely clear to understand and answer those..

Good luck !
Congratulations !
can you help with the type of notes prepared, and the strategy as this is more based on Scenario , how the you have worked on concepts
thanks in advanced

Rupesh

tim jerome

Trainer
Great feedback - thanks. The scenario-based questions have historically been a major component of the exam; somewhat heart-warming to consider they're still part of the routine.

The exam is not hard; it is, however, tricky. If you do your preparation properly, you'll do well. As I describe in class -

* Consider looking up the TRUE answer to each and every question you got wrong. Use the PMBOK, Agile Practice Guide, and Exam Content Outline and Code of Ethics. They all have content the exam may directly reference.

* Look for patterns in the questions you got wrong as you prepare. Find your personal weaknesses, and study deeply there. No need to read the entire PMBOK (I only say this because of the data I've collected), but if it increases your confidence, please do.

* Manage your time. Every half-hour, estimate the time-per-question remaining. Practice this a couple weeks before you walk into the exam.

Again, thanks. This will help many students to come.

Regards,

_30522

Great feedback - thanks. The scenario-based questions have historically been a major component of the exam; somewhat heart-warming to consider they're still part of the routine.

The exam is not hard; it is, however, tricky. If you do your preparation properly, you'll do well. As I describe in class -

* Consider looking up the TRUE answer to each and every question you got wrong. Use the PMBOK, Agile Practice Guide, and Exam Content Outline and Code of Ethics. They all have content the exam may directly reference.

* Look for patterns in the questions you got wrong as you prepare. Find your personal weaknesses, and study deeply there. No need to read the entire PMBOK (I only say this because of the data I've collected), but if it increases your confidence, please do.

* Manage your time. Every half-hour, estimate the time-per-question remaining. Practice this a couple weeks before you walk into the exam.

Again, thanks. This will help many students to come.

Regards,
Hello Tim

May I know your next batch schedule please, would like to enroll for the same.

Rupesh

Ricardo Mason_1

Alumni
Hi All,

I am pleased to report that I successfully passed the PMP exam on June 12, 2021 in my first attempt and attained Above Target in all 3 domains.

Preparation is key. Below is what worked for me:
Take time to truly understand the material and DON'T rely on regurgitation of information.
Do many practice questions ( I completed approx 2300 practice questions) as this ensures you orient yourself to the various question styles
For questions you get wrong in practice, review the reasons and rationale why it was wrong. This will ensure you don't make the same mistakes in the future.
For questions you get correct, review why it was correct. This will reinforce your knowledge.
Questions will be tricky in the exam, so pay attention to what is really being asked of you?
Ensure you really grasp Agile concepts as this will feature throught the exam. Be able to compare and constrast between Agile, Predictive and Hybrid as again this will feature throught the exam

@tim jerome
Sincere thanks for the tips and coaching in the Live sessions.

Neelam Singh_5

Hello Tim and Simplilearn aspirants!!!

I passed my PMP exam in first attempt today, scoring Above Target in all the three domains!!!
I had enrolled in Tim's classes on February 23rd 2021 and my journey with PMP thus began. Tim's notes and lexicon are highly recommended. He has a way of putting across the most difficult topics in very simple terms.
I can't thank enough Tim and Simplilearn for their support in my journey of earning PMP Certification :)