Stakeholder Analysis question

Discussion in 'PMP' started by _49203, Jul 31, 2019.

1. _49203

_49203 Active Member

Hi,
    I am unsure about the answer to this question. Why is C the incorrect answer? I see the PMBOK pg. 512 discusses al 4....and the simplilearn slides mentioned A and D. I'm confused. Why is B correct but not C?

Thanks in advance!

As part of stakeholder analysis, one of the steps involves identifying the potential impact or support each stakeholder could generate, so you need to prioritize the stakeholders to ensure adequate effort to communicate and manage their expectations. Out of the following, which is NOT the classification model available to assist in performing stakeholder analysis?

A. Power/Interest Grid
    B. Power/Influence Grid
    C. Influence/Interest Grid
    D. Salience Model
    Correct Option:C

EXPLANATION

There are 4 models available to assist in performing stakeholder analysis: Power/Interest Grid, Power/Influence Grid, Influence/Impact Grid, and Salience Model.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  2. Arvind Shekhar

Arvind Shekhar Well-Known Member

C is correct answer because all other are stakeholder analysis models but for Influence/Interest Grid. fourth model is impact/influence grid.

3. tim jerome

tim jerome Well-Known Member
    Trainer

One option is to look at "one of these things is not like the other". The other 3 options talk about power as a component; influence is different from power.

If we're looking at potential impact / support, we're talking about power and / or authority. Therefore, which one will *not* help us analyze here?

Power and influence are different; Power is ability to direct and influence; to influence is to have an effect.