Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

Tableau 10 | Akshata | May 23-June 14 2020

Support Simplilearn(4685)

Staff member
Alumni
Hi Learners,

This thread is for you to discuss the queries and clarifying the doubts for Tableau 10 course only.

Happy Learning !!

Regards,
Team Simplilearn

Hello,
I am doing project 1 of tableau.
Need some support for that.
Is anyone doing same project.

Regards,
Rinki Jain

Hello,

Regards,
Rinki Jain

I am also trying to do same project. but got stuck into calculation part. i have created the parameters but further how to proceed..

Attachments

• S.S of Project 1.jpg
    S.S of Project 1.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 47

Kavita_31

Alumni
I am facing issue in Project 2 where in the sales target in tooltip is not matching with the sales target excel. Is anyone else also facing this issue? Can someone guide me as where am i going wrong.
Note: In Sales target excel, Order date have a formula.

Hi Learners,

This thread is for you to discuss the queries and clarifying the doubts for Tableau 10 course only.

Happy Learning !!

Regards,
Team Simplilearn

I can only find the Datafiles.zip folder shared with me in Google drive. Please share all the resources shared for this course. I am telling this inregard to Tableau 10 course only, batch taken by Akshatha which ended on june 14th.

Last edited:
I can only find the Datafiles.zip folder shared with me in Google drive. Please share all the resources shared for this course.

I can only find the Datafiles.zip folder shared with me in Google drive. Please share all the resources shared for this course. I am telling this inregard to Tableau 10 course only, batch taken by Akshatha which ended on june 14th.

Mohammed Nayeemulla S

Simplilearn Support
Alumni

Mohammed Nayeemulla S

Simplilearn Support
Alumni
I am facing issue in Project 2 where in the sales target in tooltip is not matching with the sales target excel. Is anyone else also facing this issue? Can someone guide me as where am i going wrong.
Note: In Sales target excel, Order date have a formula.

Hi Kavitha,

Hint: Please check the reference that you have made use,it must be with reference to sales target.

Regards,
Nayeem
Team Simplilearn

Mohammed Nayeemulla S

Simplilearn Support
Alumni

Mohammed Nayeemulla S

Simplilearn Support
Alumni
Hello,

Regards,
Rinki Jain
Hi Rinki,

Please elaborate your Query concerning Tableau Project 1 .
Note:We would only be providing the hints for the assessment project as the solution will not be disclosed in Community forum as it its a part of certificate unlock criteria.

Regards,
Nayeem
Team Simplilearn.

Mohammed Nayeemulla S

Simplilearn Support
Alumni
can anyone help me for project 1
Hi Priti,

Please elaborate your Query concerning Tableau Project 1 , so that I could guide you better on the same.
Note:We would only be providing the hints for the assessment project as the solution will not be disclosed in Community forum as it its a part of certificate unlock criteria.

Regards,
Nayeem
Team Simplilearn.

Hi Priti,

Please elaborate your Query concerning Tableau Project 1 , so that I could guide you better on the same.

Regards,
Nayeem
Team Simplilearn.
query no 3 in project 1:creating parameter and calculation field

In project 1, I created the parameters but in the 3rd part of the project i have to create a calculated field to calculate the Growth %.
I have no idea what I have to calculate in calculated field?
I'm stuck in that part can you please give some suggestions or something.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    109 KB · Views: 20

Hitesh H S

Staff member
Simplilearn Support
In project 1, I created the parameters but in the 3rd part of the project i have to create a calculated field to calculate the Growth %.
I have no idea what I have to calculate in calculated field?
I'm stuck in that part can you please give some suggestions or something.
Hi Saurabh,

1. Create a KPI Table to show the comparison between selected period and the prior period to the selected one
    1. Create two parameters for Year Selection and Category Selection

2. Year Parameter to have values from 2006 to 2016 as per the data
Hint: Use Year as String field

1. Category Parameter to have Life Insurance Share, Market Share, Penetration, Ratio of Reinsurance Accepted & Retention Ratio

2. Create a calculated field called Selected Category and use a case statement to map the parameter selection to the respective categories

CASE[Select Category]

WHEN"Life Insurance Share"THEN[Life insurance share]

WHEN"Market Share"THEN[Market share > Total]

WHEN"Penetration" THEN[Penetration > Total]

WHEN"Ratio of Reinsurance Accepted"THEN[Ratio of reinsurance accepted > Total]

WHEN"Retention Ratio"THEN[Retention ratio > Total]

END

1. Create a calculated field for Current Period/Selected Period Value

IF[Select Year] = [Year]THEN[Selected Category]END

1. Create a calculated field for calculating the comparison period value

IFINT([Select Year]) - 1 = INT([Year]) THEN[Selected Category]END

1. Create a calculated field to calculate the Growth %

AVG([Current Period]) - AVG([Comparison Period])

1. Create a table to show these values as shown

2. Title to be updated based on the category selection
  1. Create a Growth Indicator Shapes based on the Growth %
    1. Growth indicator to display Negative, No Change and Positive as values and corresponding shapes against it.

IF[Growth %] < -0.01 THEN"Negative"

ELSEIF[Growth %] >= -0.01 AND[Growth %] <= 0.01 THEN"No Change"

ELSEIF[Growth %] > 0.01 THEN"Positive"

ELSE"NA"

END

1. Use it in shapes and colors and select marks appropriately
I hope this helps you.

Happy Learning !!!

Hi Saurabh,

1. Create a KPI Table to show the comparison between selected period and the prior period to the selected one
    1. Create two parameters for Year Selection and Category Selection

2. Year Parameter to have values from 2006 to 2016 as per the data
Hint: Use Year as String field

1. Category Parameter to have Life Insurance Share, Market Share, Penetration, Ratio of Reinsurance Accepted & Retention Ratio

2. Create a calculated field called Selected Category and use a case statement to map the parameter selection to the respective categories

CASE[Select Category]

WHEN"Life Insurance Share"THEN[Life insurance share]

WHEN"Market Share"THEN[Market share > Total]

WHEN"Penetration" THEN[Penetration > Total]

WHEN"Ratio of Reinsurance Accepted"THEN[Ratio of reinsurance accepted > Total]

WHEN"Retention Ratio"THEN[Retention ratio > Total]

END

1. Create a calculated field for Current Period/Selected Period Value

IF[Select Year] = [Year]THEN[Selected Category]END

1. Create a calculated field for calculating the comparison period value

IFINT([Select Year]) - 1 = INT([Year]) THEN[Selected Category]END

1. Create a calculated field to calculate the Growth %

AVG([Current Period]) - AVG([Comparison Period])

1. Create a table to show these values as shown

2. Title to be updated based on the category selection
  1. Create a Growth Indicator Shapes based on the Growth %
    1. Growth indicator to display Negative, No Change and Positive as values and corresponding shapes against it.

IF[Growth %] < -0.01 THEN"Negative"

ELSEIF[Growth %] >= -0.01 AND[Growth %] <= 0.01 THEN"No Change"

ELSEIF[Growth %] > 0.01 THEN"Positive"

ELSE"NA"

END

1. Use it in shapes and colors and select marks appropriately
I hope this helps you.

Happy Learning !!!

Thank you so much

Saudamini Muley

Simplilearn Support
Alumni
Dear Madam
I am saudamini muley from PG DA Cohort 4 and class from Tableau Training, I want to ask a favour on the (Project 2 - Sales Performance ) and Please solve my query in each Question with hints.
1. Create a bullet chart with Category and Segment dimensions and Sales measures. :
-Draw the Bullet chart from my side as plz check it , its correct or not .
- I add some calculation field as name ( AGG(if Calculation ) to show a Above and below .
- How to replace the Null value in the Bullet chart .
2. Blend the data with the Saved Sample - Sales Target data set to bring in the Sales Target measure.
3. Add the year of sales to the view to identify trends and outliers. :
- draw the line chart and show the Trend line and also change the mark type as circle .
- How to Handle and direct the outliners in this chart
- show as fllowing steps -
  • First place Order Date dimension in column shelf, then place profit in row shelf. Change the time to represent continuous month. Duplicate the profit column in row shelf. We will get two Line charts representing the sales for each month of the year. For the second chart type, change the chart type to circle. Change the chart to dual axis chart, by right clicking the y-axis and selecting dual axis. Never forget to synchronize the axis of dual axis chart, otherwise the chart will look weird.
    • Next step is to highlight the outliers. To do that, first we have to calculate the average of profit using window functions.
    • Next step is, we need upper band and lower band to identify the outliers. Any circles that are above the upper band and below the lower band will be considered as outliers.
      • For calculating the upper limit, use window standard deviation (window_stdev) function.
      • Any circle that lies above this calculated field are outliers, similarly we must calculate our lower limits using window_stdev function. Any points that appear below this lower limit are outliers.( gave some hints on it )
        • Next step is, by using this Upper and Lower calculated field, we should create our reference band. We should use this upper and lower in views, for that drop them in details shelf as shown below,
        Right click on profit axis and select add reference line. Select reference band , this band starts from lower and end at upper.
      • Every circle within this reference band are normal distributions for our profits. All the circles that lie outside this reference band are outliers which we must bisect it.
        • Next step is we must highlight our outliers. To highlight our outliers, we should create a Boolean calculated field.
  • I gave the folder for this .
Regards
Saudamini Muley

Attachments

• Sales Performance Analysis 2 - 10-12-2020.zip
    389.6 KB · Views: 9