Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

Tableau Desktop 10 Qualified Associate|Jan 30-Feb 21|Nagraj

There is an if formula for true or false. Can we use the IF to change colours as well. for example IF SALES > sales target, then BLUE
For the colour coding, you can make up a calculated field and drag it on colours on the marks card.

You can use this calculated field :

If sum(salestarget) >sum(sales)
Then "Below target"
Else "Above Target"
End

Later, after dragging onto the marks card, you can change the colour as per your requirement.

For the sales analysis project, how should we deal with the null values? As the difference in values is too big. Also, out of 4 years, we hardly have any data for 2017. So, any insights on this?Difference.png

Attachments

• Difference.png
    Difference.png
    122.4 KB · Views: 10

Rohit R_2

I am trying to create the Category parameter in the first project, but i am unable to select the required fields. Also i am unable to create the table to display calculations... Any leads in the direction. I missed the Filters, sets class so finding it bit difficult.

Rohit R_2

When i try to display the parameter value based on the year i am getting the sum of all years. How do i display the value for a particular year?

Attachments

• prj1.jpg
    prj1.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 9
For the colour coding, you can make up a calculated field and drag it on colours on the marks card.

You can use this calculated field :

If sum(salestarget) >sum(sales)
Then "Below target"
Else "Above Target"
End

Later, after dragging onto the marks card, you can change the colour as per your requirement.
Thanks

In sales Performance Analysis project, while performing operations in calculated field it shows an errors

1. Can't compare tables and float values
2. Tables can only be aggregated and only using the count function

how to recover from these two errors

Attachments

• ss.PNG
    ss.PNG
    101.5 KB · Views: 5