Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

Tableau Desktop 10 Qualified Associate | May 9th - May 31st | Bhargavi

Hi,

I am stuck with Project 2 : Comparative study of Countries. I completed the 1st and 2nd task of the project requirement, but I am not sure how to bring up the KPI table and growth indicator shapes based on Growth %. Based on what was covered in the sessions, I tried but I could not replicate the tables shown in the project. I went through the training session videos as well, but could not find any reference to this requirement. Could someone please help with your inputs as to how I can do this?

Regards,
Brijeesh

Hi,

I am stuck with Project 2 : Comparative study of Countries. I completed the 1st and 2nd task of the project requirement, but I am not sure how to bring up the KPI table and growth indicator shapes based on Growth %. Based on what was covered in the sessions, I tried but I could not replicate the tables shown in the project. I went through the training session videos as well, but could not find any reference to this requirement. Could someone please help with your inputs as to how I can do this?

Regards,
Brijeesh

Hi, what is the response time for these type of requests? Its almost 48 hours since I placed this request.

Regards,
Brijeesh

Shohini_1

Administrator
Staff member
Simplilearn Support
Alumni
Customer
Hi, what is the response time for these type of requests? Its almost 48 hours since I placed this request.

Regards,
Brijeesh

Hi Brijesh,

Sharing hints.

1. Create a KPI Table to show the comparison between the selected period and the prior period to the selected one

1. Create two parameters for Year Selection and Category Selection

2. Year Parameter to have values from 2006 to 2016 as per the data
Hint: Use Year as String field

1. Category Parameter to have Life Insurance Share, Market Share, Penetration, Ratio of Reinsurance Accepted & Retention Ratio

2. Create a calculated field called Selected Category and use a case statement to map the parameter selection to the respective categories.

3. Create a Growth Indicator Shapes based on the Growth %
    1. Growth indicator to display Negative, No Change, and Positive as values and corresponding shapes against it.

• Create a calculated field called Selected Category and use a case statement to map the parameter selection to the respective categories.
  • Create a Growth Indicator Shapes based on the Growth %

Hi Shohini,

Thanks for your response. However, I couldn't really build upon your hint or create the calculated field as you have suggested. Could you please help me further on this, i.e., what kind of CASE statement to use to map?

Regards,
Brijeesh

Mohammed Nayeemulla S

Simplilearn Support
Alumni
Hi Shohini,

Thanks for your response. However, I couldn't really build upon your hint or create the calculated field as you have suggested. Could you please help me further on this, i.e., what kind of CASE statement to use to map?

Regards,
Brijeesh

Hi Brijeesh,
Greetings..!

Create a Selected Category calculated field making use of case statement for Life Insurance share, Market share, Penetration, Ratio of reinsurance and Retention ratio, which are the key Measures to be included into the dashboard.

Case statement Syntax:

CASE <expression>
WHEN <value1> THEN <return1>
WHEN <value2> THEN <return2> ...
ELSE <default return>
END

Regards,
Nayeem

This is quite confusing. What is calculated field supposed to be calculating? There is no explanation for what data is needed and what needs to be in the table. I'm not familiar with the industry from which the data is and don't understand the terminology. How to figure it out? A table is needed with some kind of calculation that is compared for a year and a previous year. The description is so incredibly vague, I have no idea what needs to happen.