Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

****** Tableau Discussion ******

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
Hi Participants,

Greetings from Simplilearn!!

Post your queries/questions/doubts here and get it answered by our trainers and Experts (global teaching assistants).

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
Hi All,

Greetings for the day!!

Kindly find the attached document, and also the below mentioned video which will guide you to create Motion charts in Tableau.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Priyanka
GTA - Simplilearn

Attachments

• Motion_Chart_Tableau.pdf
    328.4 KB · Views: 23

_18762

Alumni
Hi Priyanka,
Please Find Attachment of snapshot, my question is Axis move.png " Why 3 Category marks are fixed on at the position of sales axis, why not may be the marks move above and below on their value wise" .
as diagram shows sales is 836154 so mark on above 800k axis but qty is 6939 so why not axis arrange accordingly.

_17707

Alumni
Hi ,

I would like to know how can I use a context filter and if you can provide me with some examples, please.

_17707

Alumni
I was doing the following exercise from the list provided :Ray Hann, the sales supervisor of a retail industry, is expected to present a report to the senior sales managers for analyzing sales achieved by categories and segments on a yearly basis. He needs to develop a view for showcasing sales over categories and segments across all the years.

The solution is the following. Why Segment goes to columns and category to Rows and not the other way around?

upload_2018-1-16_20-29-59.png

Shivam Rajput

Alumni
Hi Participants,

Post your queries/questions/doubts here and get it answered by our trainers and Experts (global teaching assistants).

Hi priyanka,
In Tableau certification Project the question is "
Sales Performance Analysis

Domain: others

According to a Performance Evaluation Program, the subcategory yielding consistent profit across last 4 years is awarded the Best Performing...
"
While in Project 1 in "Learning tools" tab the Question is "
Business Scenario
Mike Goodman, the head of Product Management of a retail products company, is responsible for determining which products his company should continue to offer for sale and which products should be discontinued from the company’s product catalog. Mike wants to build a dashboard that will present monthly sales performance by product segment and product category to help him identify the segments and categories that have met or exceeded their sales targets, as well as those that have not met their sales targets."

Which one do we have to submit for project? Please reply

David Potrubacz

Alumni
What are the projects for the Tableau course? Nothing has been discussed in the course about what this is the first 7 sessions of the 8 session course. What data set do you use? When is this due? Please include the information that all the students should have received the very first day.

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
HI
Hi priyanka,
In Tableau certification Project the question is "
Sales Performance Analysis

Domain: others

According to a Performance Evaluation Program, the subcategory yielding consistent profit across last 4 years is awarded the Best Performing...
"
While in Project 1 in "Learning tools" tab the Question is "
Business Scenario
Mike Goodman, the head of Product Management of a retail products company, is responsible for determining which products his company should continue to offer for sale and which products should be discontinued from the company’s product catalog. Mike wants to build a dashboard that will present monthly sales performance by product segment and product category to help him identify the segments and categories that have met or exceeded their sales targets, as well as those that have not met their sales targets."

Which one do we have to submit for project? Please reply
Hi Shivam,

I would like to inform you that, you have to submit the Project 1 from Learning Tools > Downloads > Projects

I hope this will help you. Apologies for the delay in response. All the very best for your Project and Course completion.

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
What are the projects for the Tableau course? Nothing has been discussed in the course about what this is the first 7 sessions of the 8 session course. What data set do you use? When is this due? Please include the information that all the students should have received the very first day.
Hi David,

Apologies for the delay in response.

I would like to inform you that, as discussed in the last session, you have to work on Project 1 in order to Submit your project work. Kindly find the path to locate the Project details:

LMS account > Course Icon > Learning Tools > Downloads > Projects

Also, the dataset to be used for the project is available in the same folder which is Sample SuperStore.

You have to work on Tableau Public and once done, you have to take a screenshot of your dashboard and also the link to the Published work with the screenshot needs to be submitted on the below mentioned path:

LMS account > Course Icon > Project > Submit

I hope this will help you. All the very best for your project and course completion.

_19550

Alumni
Hi Participants,

Hi Priyanka,
This is Sunil from Tableau 10 Associate course recently completed.I ave question regarding the project. Please review the overview given below he ones which is in bold.
The question is whether a graph needs to be prepared for the same or not as the final display in dashboard does not have this.bit confused.Please respond as my other work is completed and needs to be posted.
Overview
● Use the Saved Sample – Superstore dataset. ● Create a bullet chart with Category and Segment dimensions and Sales measures. ● Blend the data with the Saved Sample - Sales Target data set to bring in the Sales Target measure. ● Color code the chart to identify Categories and Segments that are above or below target. ● Add the year of sales to the view to identify trends and outliers. ● Add a filter so that the user can select one, more than one, or all years.

_19550

Alumni
Hi Priyanka,
This is Sunil from Tableau 10 Associate course recently completed.I ave question regarding the project. Please review the overview given below he ones which is in bold.
The question is whether a graph needs to be prepared for the same or not as the final display in dashboard does not have this.bit confused.Please respond as my other work is completed and needs to be posted.
Overview
● Use the Saved Sample – Superstore dataset. ● Create a bullet chart with Category and Segment dimensions and Sales measures. ● Blend the data with the Saved Sample - Sales Target data set to bring in the Sales Target measure. ● Color code the chart to identify Categories and Segments that are above or below target. ● Add the year of sales to the view to identify trends and outliers. ● Add a filter so that the user can select one, more than one, or all years.
Hi Priyanka
Thank you for the clarity given.
There is one more question.
While submitting the project there is
Hi Priyanka,
Overview
Hi Priyanka,
Overview

Thanks Priyanka for the clarity.
Onemore question.
Before submitting the project there is a write up in LMS > Courses> Projects> According to a Performance Evaluation Program, the subcategory yielding consistent profit across last 4 years is awarded the Best Performing Subcategory in its respective category. Harry Clare, the manager of a retail company, requires a dashboard that will help him view the yearly profits and sales for all the subcategories. Also, to search and write a few lines on the winning subcategory, he wants a web search functionality that will help him prepare and finalize the Award program script.
Whereas the project downloaded does not mention about subcategories at all. I am not sure which one to follow as per the downloaded project or as per the write up in Projects, as both are different.
Please clarify this as time is running out. As per what you written to David is to followas per the downloaded file from LMS.If my understanding is correct then I can go ahead and submit my project.Sorry for inconvenience caused everytime

_19550

Alumni
Hi Priyanka
Please ignore my earlier message as I got the answer from your previous reply to shivam.
I am unable to click on the simulation test. I have submitted my project and wanted to give my simulation test which I am unable to click forgving the test. Pl help

Hi Priyanka,

I need solution video for this like how to solve!

"Mike Goodman, the head of Product Management of a retail products company, is responsible for determining which products his company should continue to offer for sale and which products should be discontinued from the company’s product catalog"