Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

Tableau

DeshDeep Singh

Simplilearn Support
Alumni
Disadvantages of using Chrome Book:

1. No third Party software can be installed or run on it. E.g. WebEx, Team Viewer, VMWare, CAD Tool etc.

2. Microsoft office has no relative version for Chrome Book.

3. Everything in Cloud storage, as Google offers 2 years Google drive 100 GB access.

4. Its actual functionality comes out when connected to internet.

5. Cannot connect computer to Printer or other devices.

All the above mentioned points are our day to day activity when it comes to use a PC or a Laptop, all of them are ignored in Chrome Book.

Now, after reading these 5 points, it becomes really easy to make choice before buying a laptop.

I prefer Mac OS or Windows OS because it gives us access on any third party software which becomes easy to install and have hands-on.

Roopesh Naidu

NA
Simplilearn Support
Trainer
How to become a Certified Tableau Desktop 9 Qualified Associate?
There is no eligibility criteria to appear for the exam and is recommended for professionals who have some experience working with Tableau. To get the certification follow these steps:
  1. Study thoroughly and it is suggested to join a classroom training to learn Tableau and to have a solid foundation for the exam and gain hands on experience in Tableau through industry projects
  2. Visit the tableau site at http://www.tableau.com/support/certification and read about the certification and register for the exam
  3. Tech-check your computer and prepare your environment
  4. It is a 2 hour exam with a passing score of 75% and include multiple choice, multiple response, true/false, matching type questions
  5. Exam scores for Qualification and Delta level exams will be provided 24-48 hours after completing your exam. Final scores for Certification level exams will be provided two-three weeks after completing your exam.
  6. Should you pass, a PDF certificate will be ready for download after receiving your results, as well as an option to showcase your title on your LinkedIn profile (available for Version 9 titles only). You can log in to your exam dashboard through the Tableau Exam Portal to access these options.

Mohammed Khasim

Simplilearn Support
Hi All,

We have noticed a few issues being reported by our customers on the LMS. We have activated a report issue tool on the LMS to help you report them instantly.

Please click on the "Report issue" widget present on the right hand side of the LMS interface and enter the following details:

• Name
  • Email
  • Category (Problem, Suggestion, Question or Like)
  • Message (Write in your comments)
  • Click on the check-box to automatically attach a screenshot of the page.
Our Tech team is continuously working on improving the user experience. Please feel free to post in your problems, suggestion and questions through this widget.

Alisha_1

Simplilearn Support Community Manager
Staff member
Simplilearn Support
Calender view on Tableau.

Attachments

• Calender View.pdf
    79.3 KB · Views: 15

Mohammed Khasim

Simplilearn Support
How to Highlight a Dimension in 3 Simple Steps:

In my viz, US Income by Age and Marital Status (embedded below), I wanted my end users to be able to choose their personal combination of age, marital status, and income—then have the chart not only filter down to their demographic information, but highlight their income in context of their other selections.

I thought this would be as easy as right-clicking on the axis for income, a field that is a bin dimension in my viz (i.e. used to make a histogram), and choosing “add reference line." I would then make a reference band to get the nice yellow highlight effect you see pictured.

This is when I found out you can only add reference lines to measures or date dimensions.

This post shares a workaround for adding a “reference line” to a dimension.

Mohammed Khasim

Simplilearn Support
Analyze customer data to learn spending habits:

Who are your most profitable customers? What are they buying and how much do they spend in different categories? Those are the kinds of relevant questions you can ask and answer easily with Tableau. Look at sales by region, segment, category, and year with just a few clicks. Hover over data to see the details instantly. With dashboards that are this easy to understand, everyone in your organization can make more data-driven decisions.

Attachments

• Customers-1.pdf
    385.5 KB · Views: 8

Mohammed Khasim

Simplilearn Support
In Tableau 9.3, Start Interacting with Your Dashboard While It Loads:

Ever get tired of just staring at the grey spinner on your screen, waiting for your dashboard to load? We have great news: Tableau 9.3 includes progressive-loading dashboards.

With this feature, you don't have to wait for your dashboard to load all at once; you can start interacting with parts of your dashboard while the rest loads.

First to load are the title of the dashboard and a grey layout of the vizzes.

Mohammed Khasim

Simplilearn Support
Hi Participants,

Have you submitted your project to become a job-ready professional!!

I just wanted to check if everything is going well with you on the Learning path….and you are on the way to submit your project. I believe that projects are vital part of your learning , as they help you apply your knowledge in the real world.

As projects are replication of some real world challenges simulated by our content experts, Simplilearn has made project submission mandatory to get course completion certificate or recognize the course completion.

We’d like to see you becoming a well-rounded, job-ready professional in no time. What you need to do…its simple!!

To submit the project please write to projectsubmission@simplilearn.com or get any help related to the project you can write to us on Simplitalk (Please use you LMS User ID and Password to access this page)

Join our Project mentoring sessions, or reach us at getcertified@simplilearn.com. So get started….submit your project, Get Ahead. If you have already submitted…then please let us know what is the next course you want to do with us…

As always you can chat or get on a call with us for an instant response or reach out to Support team through Help & Supportpage on Simplilearn website. We're always around to help you achieve your career goals!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shubham Das_1

Alumni
Hi Khasim,
I have completed the LMS videos and started withe project.From Yesterday i.e 4th June ,2016 I have started with the live sessions. Will I be able to give the tableau desktop associated certification exam by July mid?

Shubham Das_1

Alumni
Hi Khasim,
please provide the latest superstore sheet. I am not able to find the columns-'manufacture name' and 'profit ratio' in the sheet provided by tableau. The manufacturers name feild is used in the sample project provided by simplilearn.

Mohammed Khasim

Simplilearn Support
Dear Participant,

I just wanted to check if everything is going well with you on the Learning path and you are on the way to submit your project. I believe that projects are vital part of your learning , as they help you apply your knowledge in the real world.

As projects are replication of some real world challenges simulated by our content experts, Simplilearn has made project submission mandatory to get course completion certificate or recognize the course completion.

We’d like to see you becoming a well-rounded, job-ready professional in no time. What you need to do…its simple!!

To submit the project please write to projectsubmission@simplilearn.com or get any help related to the project you can write to us on SimpliTalk (Please use you LMS User ID and Password to access this page)

Join our Project mentoring sessions, or reach us at getcertified@simplilearn.com. So get started…. submit your project, Get Ahead. If you have already submitted…then please let us know what is the next course you want to do with us.

As always you can chat or get on a call with us for an instant response or reach out to Support team through Help & Support page on Simplilearn website. We're always around to help you achieve your career goals!

srikanth_4

Alumni
Hi Team

I am from Gururaj's Class(May-June 2016 batch). Actually, I am looking for Tableau Certification. Is any one in the team, already completed certification?
If so, please share the experience and guidelines..

Thanks!!

Regards,
Srikanth M

Britiana

Alumni
Hi Srikanth,

I am also planning to go with Tableau Desktop Certification :)
Please go through the below link so that you will get some idea about the certification.
http://www.tableau.com/support/certification
Good Day Malleswara, How are you doing? Have you tried attempting the project questions, No 2 is confusing me. What do they mean by top 10 items city wise? if it is furniture, the subcategory has only 4 items so what exactly are they referring to?

Sushma_24

Alumni
Hi..i am working on a dashboard and i wanted to create a visualization for the last 13 week data. i have data from Oct 10, 2014 to apr 6, 2016. i have used relative date filter for last 13 weeks and anchored relative to apr 2016 but i only see data till mar 31, 2016. Can anyone help me with this please?

Mitsu

Alumni
Hi Mohammed,

There is one question in Simulation test 1 , to find lowest sales (attaching the question and pivotal table). I have created a pivot table as well from data set. The options and the answer doesn't match.

Attachments

• tableau test1  q25.PNG
    tableau test1 q25.PNG
    52.2 KB · Views: 0
  • q25 pivot.PNG
    q25 pivot.PNG
    42.2 KB · Views: 1