Take our PMP Practice Test and Share your Scores

Discussion in 'PMP' started by Shruti, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Shruti

Shruti -

Hello Everyone!

Do you want to know how good of a Project management professional you'd make?

Take our free online test (click here) and share your results here. Mention "need advice" in your post and our PMP experts will guide you.

2. LaVerne Sherwood

This is such a good offer! The free 200 PMP practice exam questions are very enlightening and good review, a nice way for PMP candidate to assess their own knowledge base. I have bookmarked this page and plan to share with friends and coworkers who are taking the PMP exam soon. Good preparation tool! Thanks again.

3. Charley Dean

Charley Dean Active Member

Laverne, were you recommended to the site by a friend? I found Simplilearn via Groupon and have enjoyed their many great resources including practice exams, in depth blog articles and instructional materials and courses. A very worthwhile site! :)

4. pushkar.ranade19(2219212)

Alumni

HI Shruti ,

Are the mock test in line with the very latest exams of PMI 2015? .

Regards,
    Pushkar

5. Vinutha

Vinutha Manager
    Staff Member

The mock tests are aligned to PMBOK 5th edition, since there is no version change in PMBOK and the changes are to do with process groups we plan to update the test papers accordingly.

Mohammed Azharullah likes this.
  6. Abhishek Mukherjee_1

Alumni

I got only 139 out of 200 long way to go

How bad is the performance :(

7. Vinutha

Vinutha Manager
    Staff Member

The pass percentage would be provided once you complete the test. You have scored close to 70%, try to score 80% and above by retaking the tests.

8. Ludwig Schreier(2543)

Alumni

Hi,
    just scored 60% first try, but I am using three different exam simulators at the moment and currently increase my test-cases / day ratio tremendously to cover more questions. I noticed that the PMBOK guide if often lacking explanation, some terms are not even in the index or glossary, keeps it fun to study.
    Are there customers of simplilearn who passed the exam by being 'expert' for the five offered mock up tests? Or in other words, have you passed by using the simplilearn questions catalog only?
    Kind regards

9. Vinutha

Vinutha Manager
    Staff Member

Hi Ludwig,

There have been participants taking up mock tests from Simplilearn and have cleared the PMP exam. I have worked on these test papers along with our SMEs. One point is that you must be prepared for dummy questions which are generally part of the exam pattern. In addition to the learning going through PMBOK will help you in passing these tests.

Hope this helps.

Ludwig Schreier(2543) likes this.
  10. Abhishek Mukherjee_1

Alumni

What is the passing marks/% for PMP exam? There is not cut off given for the free mock on Simplilearn

11. Vinutha

Vinutha Manager
    Staff Member

The pass percentage for all PMP simulation test is 80%.

12. syed.sn

syed.sn Member
    Alumni

I have attempted three simulation test on Simplilearn and scored 76-75 and 73% respectively. Is it enough to go for actual PMP exam.?

13. syed.sn

syed.sn Member
    Alumni

I found these test relatively difficult than the other simulation test I have attempted from other sources. What are the passing marks in actual PMP exam.

14. Vinutha

Vinutha Manager
    Staff Member

Anything above 75% would be considered that you are prepared for the exam. There is no percentage specified by PMI, as the scoring would be 1 point for every right answer and there is no negative marking and the results are announced on grading basis.

15. Ludwig Schreier(2543)

Alumni

61% on Exam 2 today. I am using another simulator too and hence, can learn from the differences. Generally speaking, Exam 2 had less ITTOs compared to other exams or quizzes and also I can save up to 1-1.5h doing the 200 questions, means fast exercise. I had a really high score in another simulator recently (cracked the 80%) but I guess there is always room for continuous improvements, isn't there? ;-)
    Time to review the exam then...
    Kind regards

Dong_2 likes this.
  16. Vinutha

Vinutha Manager
    Staff Member

good luck

17. Ludwig Schreier(2543)

Alumni

Thank you! It worked, PASSED my Exam. It was tough though, but ultimately I prepared and invested enough time to first time pass.

BR

18. Vinutha

Vinutha Manager
    Staff Member

Congratulation Ludwig! I am very happy to hear that you were able to pass the exam.

19. Srikanth Reddy gunukula

Alumni

Hi Shruti,
    Is this pre test is additional to the the 5 free tests we got while registered for PMP with Simplilearn ?

20. Vinutha

Vinutha Manager
    Staff Member

Hi Srikanth,

This is the test that is provided under the free resources center which anyone can attempt to asses there knowledge on project management. It is not part of the package.

21. Amer Mohammad Fawzi Al Halawani(3919)

Alumni

Hi;
    My first PMP test is scheduled for the next week, i tried the Simplilearn tests 1 and 2 and got 69% and 67% respectively. do you think that am prepared for the test? nowadays am trying to revise the material and concentrate on weakness areas. is there a good way to do focus study in the coming short time?

22. Vinutha

Vinutha Manager
    Staff Member

HI Amer,

Going through PMBOK is something that you should also focus for additional studies. Once you have done that then go ahead re-attempt the tests you will see better results and when you hit the score of 80% and above, I am sure you are prepared for the exam.

23. Chance.Rewolinski

Alumni

The teacher for the online PMP class recommended taking test exams more than once. This exam is free only one time. Are there more practice exams? Additionally, this thread mentions more than one exam. How do I access them?

24. Vinutha

Vinutha Manager
    Staff Member

Hi,

If you have already purchased the PMP course from Simplilearn, these tests are made available along with the course. Please check the MY Test tab on LMS once you log in.

25. Praveen Kumar(3155)

Alumni

Hi Vinutha,
    I wrote my 1st PMP mock exam and scored 67%. Apart from 5 mock tests do I need to take additional mock exams to clear PMP in the first attempt.Please advise

Regards,
    Praveen

26. Vinutha

Vinutha Manager
    Staff Member

Hi Praveen,

It is good to take up all the test and score 80% and above. This will help your prepare for the exam and provides confidence in passing the exam in the first go.. good luck!

27. amarkumardarshan

Alumni

Just now I passed my PMP EXAM...thanks for guidance.

Pankaj Singh likes this.
  28. Pankaj Singh

Pankaj Singh Active Member
    Alumni

I have taken 5 out of 5 Mock Test provided with online course for PMP. Scores are as follows:
    1st Test - 71.5%
    2nd Test - 64%
    3rd Test - 80.5%
    4th Test - 77%
    5th Test - 80.5%
    Let me know how is it going and if it is helpful for me to crack PMP in first attempt?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  29. kamalakar

kamalakar Member
    Alumni

Following is one of the questions in the TEST2 of 5 sample tests given in Simplilearn course. The answer is shown as LAG with an ly explanation. However, there seems be some disconnect between the question, answer and the explanation. Can someone comment on this?

"You are a Project Manager, managing a large software project. It has a month long design phase in which the team would be preparing the design documents for independent project modules. The activity review for these modules can begin 15 days after starting the design phase. The 15 days difference between the start of the design phase and the start of the review activity show - - - - -between the two activities."

Explanations:
    Answer (b) Lag. There is a lag of 15 days between the activities. When the first activity is running and second activity starts, it is called Lead. When first activity completes, if there is then a delay or wait period before the second activity starts , it is called a lag.

30. Prasad

Prasad Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Trainer

There is a delay of 15 days for the review to start. For example if the design starts on Dec 1st and is supposed to end on Dec 30th which is a month long. The review starts on 15th Dec. So there is a waiting period of 15 days between these two activities. That is why it is lag. Suppose if the review starts ahead of design (anyways this will not happen practically), the it will be lead.

31. kamalakar

kamalakar Member
    Alumni

OK. So, if the question says 'Waiting Period' then we should go for LAG and it is the saying Advance then we should go for Lead.Thank you.

32. koolsamie(4275136)

koolsamie(4275136) New Member
    Alumni

how much are the charges if I want to subscribe for the paid PMP mock tests?

33. Krish om_krish

Alumni

Do I need to care about Dummy questions from Simpli Learn? I didnt score even one question right in the Dummy question but I did score well on Non Dummy questions. My score was 72%. Am I ready ?

34. Jim_7

Jim_7 Member

I am trying to take the free online test by clicking on the link but it doesn't take me to the test...it takes me to another page.
    Is the test still available?

35. Meena_7

Meena_7 Member

Hi,

Please guide where I can find PMP Mock exam as not able to find that on site.
    Thanks
    Meena

36. Meena_7

Meena_7 Member

Please guide and provide me the link for Mock PMP Exam, I m not able to find that.

Please help.

Thanks

37. Meena_7

Meena_7 Member

Hi can u please help in accessing these mock exams, as I cant see them.

Thanks

38. Vinutha

Vinutha Manager
    Staff Member

Please log into to the LMS and click on the tab "MY tests" and you will be able to see the test papers assigned. If you have not purchased the course, there is one free test for PMP 2015 made available for guests to try which you can access by checking the tab free resources.

39. K.MadhuKumar

K.MadhuKumar Member

Dear Team,

Mock test cannot be found in the provided link. Kindly request to guide further .... Also is there any option, to directly purchase/buy online mock tests without attending online course, if so, please guide on the same. Lastly, If there any website which provide the sample questions on the new added tasks only.

Thanks in advance
    KMK

40. Alisha_1

Alisha_1 Simplilearn Support Community Manager
    Staff Member Simplilearn Support

Hi KMK,

You can find Simulation/mock tests under online self-learning tab. Kindly scroll down the page under “Lessons” section, the tests are available at the end of the page.

For more queries on our LMS you can refer the following link: http://community.simplilearn.com/threads/new-lms-faqs.2526/

41. amolku

amolku Member
    Alumni

Can you please share link for PMP Mock test in new LMS?

42. amolku

amolku Member
    Alumni

Kindly help

43. Alisha_1

Hi Amolku,

You can find Simulation/mock tests under online self-learning tab. Kindly scroll down the page under “Lessons” section, the tests are available at the end of the page.

For more queries on our LMS you can refer the following link: http://community.simplilearn.com/threads/new-lms-faqs.2526/

44. amolku

amolku Member
    Alumni

Hi Alisha,

thank you for reply. But I cannot see simulation/mock test under online self-learning tab.

45. Alisha_1

Hi Amolku,

If you are referring to the free mock tests it currently not availbale in the LMS, the same will be integarated to our LMS within next 3-4 weeks.

46. JIBIN G

JIBIN G Member
    Alumni

Hi all.... I have a feedback on the new LMS. It is complex, the multimedia content loading has become a great pain. The videos were smooth and really realtime buffering with my network connection. My network connection hasnt changed. However I am spending 45 minutes for viewing a lesson of 10 minutes in the LMS now. Please Please resolve this....

47. JIBIN G

JIBIN G Member
    Alumni

The planning for up gradation is not beneficial at all. No mock tests available against the account page. If you are attaching it in 3-4 weeks how will we who plan to take exams before that will be able to check our preparedness. We cannot expect this from a REP who teaches us the concepts and practices for flawless PM job and launches...

48. Vijay Soundararajan

Vijay Soundararajan New Member
    Alumni

These are my scores on Simplilearn PMP Simulation Tests:
    Test 1: 63%
    Test 2: 67%
    Test 3: 69%
    Test 4: 77.5%
    Test 5: 73.5%

I will try to refer my wrong answers and try to retake the 5 tests.

49. SIVAKUMAR S(3648)

SIVAKUMAR S(3648) New Member

Hi , I cant find the free online test. Could you please guide to take the test?

50. K.MadhuKumar

K.MadhuKumar Member

Hi Alisha - Kindly request you to provide an update on Sample online test