TDD in relation to a Scrum Master's JOB

Discussion in 'Agile and Scrum' started by shibu thomas(4408), Sep 18, 2018.

1. shibu thomas(4408)

shibu thomas(4408) New Member

I am actively seeking scrum master Jobs. A lot of Job descriptions post that you need to know TDD and continuous integration, continuous deployments etc. I have an understanding of the concepts. Meaning understand the concept TDD means to write the tests first before developing the code. but how does this relate to the scrum masters JOB? The SM is not writing the code/Tests? Is he just making sure that dev is following this practice, and if so How is the scrum Master supposed to do this? As far as I know the Scrum Master does not need to be technical with coding?

2. Ravi T

Ravi T Well-Known Member
    Simplilearn Support

Hi Learner,

TDD is an method for Software development. However, it is not related to Scrum but can be implemented using Scrum as you have scrum teams as well.

If you observe closely, Scrum Master doesn't need to code but have to coach the team on how to make the results come out faster and help them in it. Thus, for Scrum Master TDD is just a process while he/she needs to make sure that TDD is done under the umbrella of Agile and Scrum.

I hope this answers your query.