@Tim Jerome - Request to review my project experience description

Discussion in 'PMP' started by Keerthi Kiran Yaga, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Keerthi Kiran Yaga

Hi Tim,

Good day, I am filling my PMP application form, I have two projects under the "PM Experience" section. Can you please review and let me know whether the following description align's the PMI - PMBOK guidelines?

Project 1 description:
    Initiating:
    Identified stakeholders and objectives like "Integrate patient administration system with the ICU departmental product".
    Planning: Reviewed project requirements, constraints and assumptions with stakeholders. Generated detailed requirements specification documents.
    Executing: Integrated ICU software using Enterprise service Bus with the rest of the software’s in the hospital.
    Controlling and Monitoring: Complied with Healthcare Standard "Health Level 7"
    Closing: Coordinated user testing & acceptance.

Project 2 description:
    Initiating:
    Identified stakeholders and objectives like "Migrate data from legacy system to new software".
    Planning: Identified tools and techniques to be used. Reviewed project requirements, constraints and assumptions with stakeholders.
    Executing: Migrated data using Rhapsody tool, managed expectations through stakeholder engagement.
    Controlling and Monitoring: Managed & monitored change, complied with Healthcare Standard "Health Level 7"
    Closing: Coordinated user testing & acceptance. Transferred the ownership of deliverables.

Regards,
    Keerthi Kiran Yaga

2. tim jerome

tim jerome Well-Known Member
    Trainer

Hi! I'm honroed you ask me, I am busy for the next few weeks. If you reach out to Support, there are MANY of us who can immediately assist you. I'm honored you would consider me as the one to do this, though.

A quick review of these notes asks me to remind you to use the Exam Content Outline to confirm that the descriptions you have of your work roughly resemble the task descriptions.

For example: 'Complied with healthcare standard, you could say something like "... Verified that deliverables conform to the standards..." This represents a more actionable state - you led and directed using these tasks.

Keerthi Kiran Yaga likes this.
  3. Keerthi Kiran Yaga