Tim - Question on Risk

Discussion in 'PMP' started by _51292, Mar 26, 2020.

1. _51292

_51292 Well-Known Member

Q: in your project, the risk calculation show that there is a risk of overrunning the project scope and schedule targets to levels that are beyond the threshold limits determined in the project, To bring the level of risk to a level acceptable to your organization, you should :

A: Consider using contingency reserve
    B: Decrease the project scope and increase project schedule
    C: talk with your sponsor about cancelling the project
    D: Do additional risk response planning

Correct Answer: A

why not C, as I understand we are in process of qualitiative risk analysis, and contegincy reserve can be used with Accepted Risk or unplanned risk happened (Correct me if I'm wrong)

2. tim jerome

tim jerome Well-Known Member
    Trainer

Review what the question is REALLY asking.

Yes, based on your personal preference, the project would be better off cancelled, but - and read this carefully - would bring this project within an acceptable level?

The answer to this question is A.

3. _51292

_51292 Well-Known Member

Thanks, If remove this sentence from the question "To bring the level of risk to a level acceptable to your organization, you should :" and replace it with "What should PM do ?" what could be the answer?

4. Marina Kwok

Marina Kwok Member

One more Risk question from the Master Quiz 11-4
    You have just completed an analysis of project risks and have prioritized them using a probability and impact matrix. The approach you used to prioritize the risks is:

a) Qualitative analysis b) Quantitative analysis c) Sensitivity analysis d) Earned value analysis

Ans: A

Why would a probability and impact matrix be considered a qualitative but NOT quantitative analysis?