Types of Requirements and knowledge areas

Discussion in 'Other Project Management Courses' started by Sweta_10, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Sweta_10

Sweta_10 Member

Hi team,

I have a small question: BRD, SRS and FSD are the deliverable of a business analysis activity. Can you please let us know in which knowledge area does these three documents will be created.
    I believe these should be created in the RADD.

Thanks
    Sweta Sharma

2. swati.sinha7886

Alumni Trainer

Hey Sweta ..In order to understand this concept you have to look on all the inputs and outputs for all KAs in BABOK - If you remember we had discussed about the Business requirement - as per BABOK - the problem, opportunity, or constraint which is defined based on an understanding of the current state. This was the output of SA-Analyze current state - based on which you analyze how your future state will look like . In general BRD contains the following components -
    • Purpose of the project. (Strategy Analysis)
    • The client, the customer and the stakeholders.
    • Users of the Project.
    • Business changes to be implemented.
    • Stakeholder details (RACI). - (Plan stakeholder engagement )
    • The scope of the product.
    • Usability and Humanity requirements.
    • Performance requirements.
    • Assumptions and constraints (SA- Analyze current state page -105)
    • Risk analysis.
    • Terms and conditions (Legal information)
    So the point I am trying to say is that you different activities and techniques you can use that is defined in BABOK to come up with BRD . For SRS yes that will be the detailed version of your requirement ( which you will be taking from Elicitation ) which you have to model in RADD.

3. JavierCoats

JavierCoats New Member

I don't even know what to recommend you and in which knowledge area these three documents will be created. I will ask my friend.