Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

Website Analytics & Tracking

praharsh2012

currently, i am implementing different codes for Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Google Adwords.
If I use Google Tag manager code on my website then I don't have to paste all different codes on the website?

Evan_16

For my websites, I have Google Tag Manager's code & Google Analytics code both pasted on the website.

From my understanding, I don't think Google Tag Manager's code replaces the code for the other Google tools. I'm not exactly sure if this is your question. But I don't think Google Tag Manager's code replaces the other Google tools codes. I think Google Tag Manager works in addition to the other Google analytics tools.

Evan_16

Google Tag Manager's purpose is to help create tags and triggers for tracking.

Google Tag Manager doesn't manage the other analytics tools.

As far as I know, you need the Google Analytics code pasted on your website in addition to the Google Tag Manager code.

Forgive me if I misunderstood your question.

Evan_16

@praharsh2012 Looks like you've created and connected quite a few Google analytics properties here. These are probably redundant. You only need one UA property and one GA4 property. You have 3 UA properties, which they are probably redundant.

I don't think Simplilearn goes into detail further on Google Tag Manager.

I took a short Google Tag Manager Fundamentals course from Google. Though, I have to admit it is still confusing to me. (https://analytics.google.com/analytics/academy/course/5)

This blog I found is all about Google Tag Manager. I think there's a lot to learn here. (https://www.analyticsmania.com/)

Evan_16

How do you have "containers" on your website if you haven't added them yourself by copy/pasting the code... ?

Evan_16

I heard that. I'm puzzled why it would show multiple container if you didn't add the code to your website. Maybe Google Tag Manager does add them automatically? I didn't think that it did. And I still doubt that that is the reason. But I don't know!