Welcome the the DMCA 18 Nov - 12 Dec

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by marc campman, Nov 18, 2019.

1. marc campman

marc campman Customer
    Customer

Welcome to our discussion board for the DMCA 18 Nov - 12 dec. Here you can ask questions, share ideas and introduce yourself to your fellow learners.

2. Himanshu Tyagi_1

Hi all, I am Himanshu, originally from India but settled in Kuwait. I am an oil & gas consultant. I am new to Digital Marketing but eager to learn from Marc and my colleagues out there.

3. marc campman

marc campman Customer
    Customer

Welcome Himanu. Good to have you in the class.

Himanshu Tyagi_1 likes this.
  4. Akash surana

Akash surana Member

Hello Marc, i have a doubt from yesterday's class. In the exercise i'm able to fill in the monthly search volume, but i dont have am idea about competion,rank and other heads. please can you explain that part.

5. Sara Azhari

Sara Azhari New Member

6. Neha Tanvi

Neha Tanvi New Member

7. Nicole_51

Nicole_51 New Member

Hi Marc! I have a question about the Keyword Research project from yesterday. I have a list of keywords and looked up the info on Neil Patel's ubersuggest but am a little confused about the column headers.
    Example: Is Paid Difficulty on ubersuggest the same thing as Competition in the spreadsheet? What about conversion intent? How do I find that? Thank you!

Edwin yeo_1 likes this.
  8. Neerja Sharma

Neerja Sharma New Member

Hi All, I am Neerja from Chandigarh India, I am from creative industry " Animation Videos" Along with that I want to have knowledge of Digital marketing so that I can combine both for the better results. Would be great to connect and learn more from everyone here .

Hello Marc, In last 3 session I have learned many things new to me thanks for that. Here I wanted you to review
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_XFhmEKjQoLFWAricYOExr_PbOiWzP1BytudfAxm1_U/edit?usp=sharing
    as I am not sure about the other fields like Priority and all. You have already said that we need to see and compare competitors for the same but still not much clear.
    My webpage is www.shootingstarz.co if you can suggest something.
    Industry : Animation

Thanks
    Regards
    Neerja sharma

9. Deeja Faziluddin

Hi Marc,
    I am Deeja, an intermediate learner in the digital marketing domain. I have completed the kw research exercise for my website: https://deejaskitchen.com/
    I am running an online kitchen at home and I mainly serve Kerala Cuisine. I have a tie-up with online delivery partners like Zomato and Swiggy who help me in getting orders online and accomplishing the delivery of the order.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eJY6-osyvmjzqOgbZsOaDzr4TTjU1Dpx59uGHEP2fmA/edit?usp=sharing

Kindly check the shared link and advise me on the corrections so that I can do better work next time.

Doubts on kw research:
    1. From the set of chosen kws, how can we shortlist a small set that needs to be primarily focused on? I have just marked them as primary, secondary and tertiary based on my idea and request you to please check if my conceived ideas are right

2. While doing the research I came across a few kws whose search volume is 0 based on Ubersuggest but they have a certain count of competition like 30 or so. My question is should we consider these kws or not? I have added a few in the report since I felt that those kws cannot be completely sidelined. Please advise....

Thanks in advance for your time

10. Edwin yeo_1

Edwin yeo_1 Member

Hello Marc, i attended the live lesson yesterday. However it doesn't have the checkmark that shows i have been present.

11. marc campman

marc campman Customer
    Customer

Besides monthly volumes it is important to know how much competition there is on the keyword. You will see that popular keywords with high search volumes are often more competitive. Which means it will be more difficult to compete on that keyword. Which means its more difficult to cshow up high in the search rankings for that keyword. The best is to search with keywords with a fairly high volume and a moderate to low competition.

12. marc campman

marc campman Customer
    Customer

13. marc campman

marc campman Customer
    Customer

Excellent. Well done. Now you need to pick the top 4-5 keywords for each theme. And call them primary. The others are secondary. Dont worry about the conversion intent. Go for high volume and low competition. So men's watch shouldn't be a primary. Very high volume but also very high competition. Conversion intent can be an extra dimension. The higher the conversion intent the better the keyword.

14. marc campman

marc campman Customer
    Customer

Paid difficulty is more or less the same as competition. The higher the competition it will obviously be more expensive in paid advertising and therefor more difficult to claim. Conversion intent is your own assumption on how likely people will convert when they use that keyword in their search

15. Akash surana

Akash surana Member

HI Marc can you please explain me about conversion intent.

16. Himanshu Tyagi_1

17. Edwin yeo_1

Edwin yeo_1 Member

18. Deeja Faziluddin

Can you please have a look at this work and give your valuable feedback.

19. Zeeshan Ramzan

Zeeshan Ramzan New Member

Hi Marc and Team,
    My name is Zeeshan and I am from Pakistan. I am an MBA Marketing graduate and practicing digital marketing for the last 3 years. I am also certified in Marketing in a Digital World from the University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign USA. I enrolled in this course to learn from Marc, students and other amazing instructors with the aim of getting insights of the digital world and the relevant certifications so that I can run my own full-service digital marketing agency.
    During this course, I have initiated my agency Digiverts - Digiverts.com. I will apply all my learnings on this project so that I would have hands-on experience. Currently, I am working as an online freelancer, serving local and international clients. My expertise includes SEO, Web Design, Social Media Management and Digital Branding.
    Till now attended all four sessions and learned a lot of new concepts and tools. I hope to learn more from this amazing course and sharing knowledge with this amazing team.

Regards

20. marc campman

marc campman Customer
    Customer

21. marc campman

marc campman Customer
    Customer

Excellent. Well done. Now you need to pick the top 4-5 keywords for each theme. And call them primary. The others are secondary. Go for high volume and low competition. Conversion intent can be an extra dimension. The higher the conversion intent the better the keyword.

22. marc campman

marc campman Customer
    Customer

23. Edwin yeo_1

Edwin yeo_1 Member

Hi Marc,

Thanks did you mean Uber Suggest. I tried but most of the other keyword suggestions given had little to zero traffic or clicks to that. Should i still include them?

24. leona griffin

leona griffin New Member

@marc campman

Hi Marc,
    I wanted to tell you that I followed what you said and I built my RSS feed reader with things important to me and my industry. I then keep tweeting about them with a little comment and Google Analytics retweeted my post and it got 9k view, 2 retweets, 10 likes,
    and some new followers. Pretty cool!!

Edwin yeo_1 likes this.
  25. marc campman

marc campman Customer
    Customer

Well done. Glad you see immediate results

26. marc campman

marc campman Customer
    Customer

No need to include keywords with low traffic. You need to widen your keywords. They may be too specific

27. Melvin Bostelaar

Hello im. Melvin Bostelaar from the Netherlands. First time at Simplilearn. Im now watching all classes from last week.

28. Melvin Bostelaar

@marc campman im speeding up classes because i was ill last week. You told us in class 1 that halfway we will do the first Mimic pro simulation assignment. Do i have time to catch up? when will this be, so i know how to speed up, because you told us that login name will be given when we do first assignment. Hope to hear from you. GRoeten Melvin

29. marc campman

marc campman Customer
    Customer

Hi Melvin, we will do round 1 of the stukent simulation after we've completed Google Ads. This will most likely be next week Tuesday or Wednesday

30. marc campman

marc campman Customer
    Customer

Ik zie nu dat je uit nederland komt. Welkom!!! Ik ben Nederlander, maar woon in Engeland

31. Melvin Bostelaar

Hey Marc! Dankje. Heb nu de 1e 3 classes ingehaald. Echt super goed hoe je dit doet. Ok dan moet ik het wel kunnen redden erbij te komen, want dan begint het echte werk.

32. Melvin Bostelaar

Marc kan het zijn dat de downloads kaart bij SEO weg is? hij staat meer in het trello bord, en bij gearchiveerd ook niet.

33. Deeja Faziluddin

Hi Marc,

I was trying to do some on-page SEO on my Wordpress website. I have added the Yoast Seo plugin but unfortunately, I am not able to see the metas and other on-page specs in it. I have attached a pdf for your reference. Is it because I am not a premium member of Yoast?
    Please advise.

Attached Files:

34. Deeja Faziluddin

Hi Marc,
    I need your valuable advice on this, please.
    Thanks in advance.

35. Melvin Bostelaar

@marc campman Marc ik zie dat Manpreet mij verwijderd van borden. Ik ben juist alles aan het inhalen momenteel, 2 classes per dag om volgende week ready en bij te zijn. Waarom is dit zo? Zie screenshot. Hoor graag van je. Grt

Attached Files:

36. marc campman

marc campman Customer
    Customer

I WILL CHECK

37. Deeja Faziluddin

Hi Marc,
    Awaiting your reply....

38. Melvin Bostelaar

Hi Marc. Im really getting ahead of with all previous classes. Hope to be dear tuesdat or wednesdat with Stukent.

39. Shikta Srivastava

Hello Marc,
    sorry for the delay, I have posted it trello.

Please check the landing page exercice.

https://qkpage.co/p/www_onlinehomeloan_co_in

Positioning :
    Home loan from small finance bank
    Why : Its always good to have your own home.
    How : We are providing a home loan
    Who : Age between 25 to 65, Newly married couple, Young family, Moved to a new city, income > 10 lakh
    our product: Small finance bank,
    unlike : Paperless and 100% Digital Loan Application Process
    Our Product's differentiators: Get Loan Fastest Approval by Our Company Within 24 to 72 Hours

Is it correct? Please let me know what all modifications are required? Please give your feedback

40. Edwin yeo_1

Edwin yeo_1 Member

Hi Marc, not sure if its just me. But i think the Trello Board has been pretty messed up. Certain things like Bookmarks card under Email Marketing is gone. And other cards have been shifted as well.

Shikta Srivastava likes this.
  41. marc campman

marc campman Customer
    Customer

I tried to tidy it up so it should be better now

42. marc campman

marc campman Customer
    Customer

Looks good. Like the landing page

Shikta Srivastava likes this.
  43. marc campman

marc campman Customer
    Customer

You don't need to upgrade to premium. As soon as you activated yoast SEO, you can see the SEO section in the edit mode of your page or post. Go to the bottom of the page/post edit screen and you will see the SEO section. Let me know if you can see it

44. Melvin Bostelaar

@marc campman . Sorry to interupt. I have to go in 10 minutes. I will check the rest of this class tomorrow morning.. 3 questions: 1. the stukent part i can watch explanation in this class tomorrow and do it whenever i want? 2. The login stukent? 3. The exam (official assignment) i can also do whenever i want? Ill be back tomorrow at 15.30 again.

45. marc campman

marc campman Customer
    Customer

Hi melvin, you can do the stukent rounds whenever you want. If you do it within 90 days of enrolment you get free courses from Simplilearn. Its the Speedrunner campaign they are running to promote to get students to obtain their certificates. Stukent login is with your Simplilearn user id and password Stukent@123

46. Deeja Faziluddin

Hi Marc,
    I have completed my Stukent Round 1. The attached file shows the impact. Can you please check it once and advise me on the improvements I need to make in the upcoming rounds.
    Awaiting your valuable response and thanks in advance for your time.

Attached Files:

47. marc campman

marc campman Customer
    Customer

Well done. Excellent results. Particularly in your email campaign with an open rate of 16%. And click rate of 6%. In round 2 you will be creating your own landing pages so that will help you in improving your PPC conversion rate of 5.35%.

Deeja Faziluddin likes this.
  48. Deeja Faziluddin

Thank you Marc. Will definitely try improving...

49. Deeja Faziluddin

Yes Marc, I can see the seo section at the bottom of the edit page. Only 1 Keyphrase can be added using the free version i guess. can you please clarify on this?

50. Melvin Bostelaar

@marc campman Hi Marc. I think there is a mistake in the self learning test. See screenshot about explicit data. The one is green that is in my opinion implicit data, not explicit. B is explicit in my opinion, but computer says no, wrong answer.

Attached Files: