What is the difference between CompTIA A+ Essentials and CompTIA A+ Practical Application?

Discussion in 'IT Hardware and Networking' started by Paul Bryant, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Paul Bryant

Paul Bryant Member

What are some of the differences between the CompTIA A+ Essentials and CompTIA A+ Practical Application?

2. Delilah James

Delilah James Member

There are two CompTIA exams that you will need to know about including the 220-701 (Essentials) and 220-702, also known as Practical application. The Essentials exam will cover such subjects as Hardware; Troubleshooting, repair and maintenance; Operating Systems and Software; Networking; Security and Operational Procedure.

The Practical Application exam will cover Hardware; Operating Systems; Networking and Security.

As you can see the 220-702 or Practical Application exam covers a broader range or topics or domains and will require the greatest knowledge.

Jonathan Baker likes this.
  3. Jonathan Baker

And, is the Essentials exam easier to pass than Practical application exam? I am not new to IT or computers, but have no formal training in college. I want to take the Essentials exam to get a related job. Anything you could tell me about this specific exam would be good.