What types of questions will usually be on the CompTIA exam?

Discussion in 'IT Hardware and Networking' started by Sam Douglas, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Sam Douglas

Sam Douglas Member

Can you give more more details about what type of questions would be on the CompTIA certification exam? I'm only guessing there would be multiple choice but I'm not sure.

2. Conrad Maxwell

Typically, you will only encounter multiple choice questions. However, some of these questions may have a fill in the blank aspect, such as 'choose the best word or phrase to describe' with multiple choices for answers you would need to choose from.

3. Delilah James

Delilah James Member

You will usually find multiple choice with a single right answer. You would be required to pick one single right answer from a range of options by clicking a radio button.
    You might also encounter multiple choice with multiple answers. In this situation you would be required to select a range of options. And, as specified before, you might also encounter missing text questions where you would need to fill in the sentence using one of the options given. style).

4. Paul Bryant

Paul Bryant Member

Here's a typical question you might encounter on the CompTIA exam.

Shelia calls your help desk to complain that her computer system is totally dead today. She says it was working fine when she left the previous evening. Which of the following must you check first?

And, then you would be provided with up to five alternate answers, such as 'Check the power supply'; Replace the CMOS battery; Check the AC outlet; Reseat the hard drive controller cable.

As you see, these type of questions will be easily answerable if you have experience in the field and have completely studied your material.

5. Bella

Bella Member

Just speaking about the CompTIA Security+ (SYO-401) exam, you will likely be required to answer 90 questions in 90 minutes. Just about one question per minute. You will need a passing score of 750, which means you have to answer about 81% of the questions correctly in order to pass the exam.

6. maganoor suresh

Alumni

Compita exam comes with different flavors like A+, N+ , Server + Security + , every certification need to pass with min 75% to 80% of score to certify . so prepare accordingly want more help ping me. I am there

Mourad BENMAMMAR likes this.