When will the CBAP course be updated to BABOK V3

Discussion in 'Simplilearn Support' started by sandra L(2181), May 8, 2015.

1. sandra L(2181)

sandra L(2181) New Member
    Alumni

Now that BABOK V3 has been released, I compared it to your CBAP course which I am currently enrolled in. BABOK V2 has a lot less than BABOK V3 including a difference in the knowledge areas.

2. lopamudra

lopamudra Member
    Simplilearn Support

Hi Sandra,

We have sent your query to our content team. Please allow us time till Monday to update.

3. Shriram Bharathwaj(2101)

Alumni

Hi,
    I share Sandra's query on BABOKv3 and am interested to know as well how Simplilearn will cover the difference between v2 and v3 please. I too am enrolled in online CBAP course and would like to be equipped to handle the difference. Thanks.

4. Vinutha

Vinutha Manager
    Staff Member

As per IIBA they announce the release of the new versions in 4-6 months advance. However, participants pursuing the certification can continue to take up the current exam with version 2.0 study guide as there is not cut off date announced by IIBA.

We are planning to upgrade the course which will easily take 3-4 months from now that will help us in meeting the requirements of version 3.0. Since Simplilearn is an authorized training center by IIBA, we were waiting for the confirmation on the exam dates to be shared with us.

5. I have also contacted IIBA and I am waiting for an answer. I signed up for the Simplilearn 6 months program (V2) so it is possible that the IIBA response of announcing the change in the certification exam 4-6 months before it occurs makes it a real possibility that the exam can be different. Even the knowledge areas differ. Here is a good link that validates what I am seeing.
    http://saadrahman.com/tag/babok-v3-vs-babok-v2/

6. moon

moon Guest

Hi,
    Do we have a cutover date for BABOK V2 exams? Can I still use BABOK V2 to give CBAP Certification exam?

Thanks

7. Vinutha

Vinutha Manager
    Staff Member

The new version of BABOK will be rolled out in September 2016 by IIBA. If you plan to complete the certification, it is advisable to finish it by September 2016.

Anurag_3 likes this.