Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

Why Agile is introduced in New pmp exam

prakash mvss

I am basically from construction field . All my projects are waterfall based . Why should i learn agile which is suitable for software industry and NOT much suitable for my industry. What is PMI 's intention behind it , Please help.

tim jerome

Trainer
All your projects are waterfall - that's great. What about marketing campaigns? What about new product development? What about research?

Agile was developed to work in unknown territory, and we are experiencing a lot of that now:

How do I deal with my company trying to get work done under lockdown?
How do we perform drug trials in an impossibly short time?
How do we prepare to live on Mars?

It's these types of projects that are taking advantage of Agile - working with a lot of unknowns, uncertains, and complexity. Waterfall is great, and when you pair that with being able to build and support a team that can deal with this type of problem, you have a very broad type of problems you can address.

akarsh k

Administrator
Simplilearn Support
All your projects are waterfall - that's great. What about marketing campaigns? What about new product development? What about research?

Agile was developed to work in unknown territory, and we are experiencing a lot of that now:

How do I deal with my company trying to get work done under lockdown?
How do we perform drug trials in an impossibly short time?
How do we prepare to live on Mars?

It's these types of projects that are taking advantage of Agile - working with a lot of unknowns, uncertains, and complexity. Waterfall is great, and when you pair that with being able to build and support a team that can deal with this type of problem, you have a very broad type of problems you can address.
Thank you, Tim-Appreciate your help