Writing discription in PMP Application

Discussion in 'PMP' started by Chandra M R(4723), Jan 26, 2017.

1. _30333

_30333 Active Member

Confused. PMP application is limited to 500 words? or 500 characters? with or without spacing? A definitive answer please. This description example is thorough, but well over 500 characters.

2. _34023

_34023 Member

Hi Team,
    I'm got the exact same error while submitting my PMP allocation for review. Didn't get any email confirmation.
    Please confirm if it's received or else let me know of other ways for submission.

3. _40083

_40083 Member

Hi !

I need clarification whether I can add following project experience:

I had worked on project from Nov.2016 to April 2017, and did initiating and planning, and then I was transferred. That project is still live and not completed yet.
    Can I add this work experience and what to write in project completion date.

regards
    Gaurav

4. tim jerome

tim jerome Well-Known Member
    Trainer

Gaurav, as long as the work you did leading and directing the project, and you have a reference, you can add it. :)

5. _48649

_48649 Member

Dears,
    Please advice on the below:
    1. I find mention of 4 years graduation in PMI website for 4500 hrs of experience to be eligible to appear the PMP exam.
    2. I hold 3 years graduation/degree (BCom) from recognized university in India. What will be my required work experience in this case ?

Kind Regards,
    Venkat

6. tim jerome

Trainer

still 4500 hours leading and directing projects. If you have about 3-5 years business experience, it's not inconceivable you already have this, knowing how businesses make change internally or externally.

7. _40083

_40083 Member

Thanks

8. _52390

_52390 Member

I don't know if you've received a response yet. It's 500 characters total.

9. tim jerome

Trainer

You can find examples on this thread, and at the top, a VERY good format/template for describing the "work you did, leading and directing the project".

Link Here

10. _49203

_49203 Active Member

Hi Tim,

I have created a ticket to submit my application for SimpliLearn to review.

I am curious - do you recommend including project deliverable and outcome - such as in the attached screenprint?

I have a short sentence stating project objective and used the 550 character limit to focus on my role/accomplishments on the project. For example:

Implement software to manage customer complaints in centralized database.
    IN - Perform project assessment, identify stakeholders; define high-level scope & requirements; document project expected outcomes, identify key deliverables.
    PL - Develop project charter; Stakeholder analysis; procurement planning; SME on sales/marketing, identify key assumptions/constraints, determine high-level project schedule.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

11. _48921

_48921 Member

Hi Tim, I have 10+ years construction project control experience. But I never did project initial an closing. Will it affect my application? if so, what shall I do?

12. tim jerome

Trainer

Contact a peer PMP, your director/supervisor, project reference for your application. Work with them to determine how to associate with a project going through initiating or closing work.

PMI doesn't expect you to perform all process groups on all projects, but do expect some hours in each process group across your total experience.

_48921 likes this.
  13. tim jerome

Trainer

I've seen it accepted both ways. You describe the work you feel comfortable with, and submit.

14. Rajdeep Sarkar

Rajdeep Sarkar Moderator

one tip to all PMP aspirants and its 100% true..If you dont want to go for audit then open and fill the application in just one day probably in 15-20 minutes or so provided you have not failed prior to this.

15. _52479

_52479 Member

Anyone applied for PMI/PMP Exam via PMI in the last couple of weeks ?
    PMI Not issuing Elegibilty ID even though exam fee paid

16. tim jerome

Trainer

Contact PMI. You can find their contact information in the front of the PMP exam handbook, on the PMP application page.

They're responsive, and will close this quickly with the information you provide.

17. _48921

_48921 Member

Thank you very much, Tim.

18. _43011

_43011 Member

Hello Tim , I am in the process of submitting my PMP application. I just created a ticket to get the project description reviewed, is that the better way to do it or is it better to post the job descriptions here? Thank you for your help.

19. Rubleen Kaur

Rubleen Kaur Active Member

Hi Everyone,
    I need some help on how to mention my projects in the form without overlapping. I work in Market Research firm and I work on almost 20-25 projects at once, and all of them can be in different stages of the life cycle. So how should I mention all of them without any overlapping because multiple projects have same start date and end date. Could somebody please explain it in details, its giving me a hard time :(

20. tim jerome

Trainer

Your projects will overlap. It's just that the number of months required (36 for university degree) are non-overlapping. Look at p. 8 of the PMP Handbook. Let's say that your three projects' hours in leading and directing are 50 hours each. You still count all the hours (150 total); it's just that you get credit for 9 months.

This makes sense, since you are investing an hour only in each (one at a time) project, although the months you are participating in projects are general, and you may be focusing here and there.

Another way of saying this is you will be investing 2.26 years of Leading and Directing projects (minimum) across 36 months (3 years). Generally, PMI likes to see your hours spread across 3-8 years, which means they are VERY ok with you working partly leading projects and partly in Project Management.

Rubleen Kaur likes this.
  21. Rubleen Kaur

Rubleen Kaur Active Member

Thank you soo much Tim, this makes sense :)

22. Devarshi Mishra

Hi Chandra!
    In my current organization, for 4 years, I was involved in pre-bid engineering, where I used to do budgeting and estimation of multiple projects, perform project assesment, identify key deliverables, estimate scope, cost, schedule, manpower, intial level risk identfication, etc. However all of this used to happen before the project is actually awarded to us and used to influcence bid no-bid decisions and execution strategy. I did around 150 such projects during the course of 4 years. Can I use these experiences for application purpose?

23. Anuradha Shastry

I cannot figure out where to change the file type!!
    not able to upload the pdf
    Pls help!!

24. Mukesh Sahu

Mukesh Sahu Moderator
    Simplilearn Support

We have responded to you. Please check your notification messages.